Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 11:43 AM

Another trip to A&E

Seems to be getting a regular thing

Tom came back from school yesterday complaining about his hand/wrist and he had fallen on it awkwardly during football

Anyway I wanted to see what it was like before taking to the hospital,so gave him painkillers and it wasn't to bad,this morning he was in alot of pain and his hand had started to swell so popped up to A&E,they have xrayed it but found no apparent breaks but are sending the xrays up to the consultant at Gloucester just incase they have missed a hairline fracture

He now has his arm in a sling and has to go back to see the Dr at the hospital in the morning because of the amount of pain he's in and to see if it's a break or just a nasty sprain
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2012, 01:11 PM
We had a season ticket for our youngest son and A&E.

Hope the hand heals soon for Tom.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 01:17 PM
I think I could have qualified for the staff dance when mine were younger and even now with my oldest lad.

When you get on first term names with the majority of the staff, you start to realise just how much time you spend in the place

Hope your lad is OK and that it turns out to be nothing more serious than a sprain - which can be extremely painful
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Poor Tom - I do hope his hand/wrist is OK and stops hurting.

Season ticket / revolving door / first name terms with all the medics - it is when you turn up and they sigh and say "which one is it this time" that you start to wish the ground would open up and swallow you!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Thanks all,
As babies they never really injured themselves but as they have got older they are awful

The nurse said you can't protect them when there older, like you do when there toddlers.

I know in some cases sprains can be worse than a break,I did my ankle many years ago and tore all my ligaments it took ages to heal.

Just hoping the pain starts to subside a little for him,he's not one to complain so when he does you know he's not telling porkies
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 06:03 PM
My mum used to worry the social would be on to her if she had to keep taking my little sister to a&e, she skidded across a playground on her face, smashed the top of her knee in a wall, a few weeks later was messing around and got the narrow bit at the top of a radator stuck under her knee (that was foul), she smacked her head slipping on the kitchen floor (we have stone flag), broke the same wrist twice...
NIGHTMARE