View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Jenny -He's on Burns mixed with NatureDiet, but he came to us on Pedigree and Euk Possibly his body is still eliminating the cr@p in those foods as I only changed him off it last week. The skin isn't pink though, I keep checking, it is a bit flaky not like dandruff but from dryness I think. I think I'll just stick with adding a bit of olive oil to his food, and giving him the oily fish with it occasionally.

Mini I'm pretty sure the cat hasn't got fleas, as I'm a magnet for fleas I would have been bitten for sure. Also I can't see any bites on him and no flea dirt either. The coloured chews - I bought the one that looked like it had no colouring in it, but he puked the evening after he chewed it for a bit so it's gone in the bin now. Besides, I found a miracle chew which I think someone on here recommended - he was being nippy earlier so I gave him half a carrot - kept him busy for ages!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 02:35 PM
it could have become a habit behaviour from the food he was on b4?? altho he is still young its probably unlikely. Try distracting him when he does it with a game, toy or chew or something and see if that helps.
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Tuti...

I was using Burns as well and it was lovely for 5 of mine but Rock had horrible flakes. I've changed their food and in a 2 weeks stretch, no more flakes and his fur is shiny again.

Lel...

No, a dog on a complete food shouldn't need supplements but having multiple dogs, it's much easier to supplement their food with a bit of oil than to keep switching foods to find something that works perfectly for everyone. Safflower Oil has nothing in it but fat...no protein, no vitamins and no minerals...so there's no danger of throwing the balances in the complete food out of whack.
stakemaster
New Member!

01-04-2005, 06:07 PM
I found this website that seems to have a product to treat just about any kind of ailment that a pet can suffer, including skin conditions:
www.first4pets.co.uk
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by stakemaster
I found this website that seems to have a product to treat just about any kind of ailment that a pet can suffer, including skin conditions:
sorry Tuti and steakmaster but no..I would add nothing more to Archies diet when you do not know what is wrong, if he itching go back to the vet and have a scrape to determine the cause ,it could be one of many things including bacterial, and adding lots of things to his diet will not help

Edited to say Mr Spock is absolutly right, I have just been talking to a couple op complete food people including Burns after recent posts and they say DO NOT add any suppliments or lots of things to their food, a little oil is ok but many other things are not

Sorry steakmaster have you seen the price of this stuff and it does not evan say what it contains!!!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 06:41 PM
No olive oil mini?

well he's having his 2nd jab on monday so I'll chat to the vet about it then...

He seems to be itching a lot less these days now, nothing like when he first got here.

Jenny - sometimes I do think its habit, or perhaps he's grooming himself? He only really does it when he's about to go to sleep, first he cleans his willy, then he nibbles his tail and each back leg and then goes to sleep. As I said hes doing it a lot less now anyway...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2