Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-03-2005, 09:21 AM

Loosing some hair

My pup seems to be loosing some hair...its happened once before when he was about 2months that time it was on his back and a little on his legs now it seems he is loosing it on his chest and top of his nose! can someone tell me how i can stop this? his other hair has grown back btw but i dont think this is normal or is it?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 09:24 AM
What breed is he? and how old is he now?
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-03-2005, 09:28 AM
He APBT(i no its not legal but if u check out my post in the gallery "Pitbul or not" ull understand) and hes 6months almost now and about 18inches im not sure about his weight but he looks health and stronge
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Some staffy types can lose it around their ears when a puppy but on the back does seem odd- have you had him at the vets at all? Could be a number of things for hair loss really
ranging from poor diet/lack of vitamins,
thyroid,
mange
sensitivities/reactions to certain things etc

Just a thought but have you changed washing powder/conditioner at all?

(Localised demodicosis
is mild with areas of non-itchy hair loss especially around the face and forelimbs 90% of these cases get better without treatment. This is common in young dogs.)
I would visit the vet just to put your mind at rest
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-03-2005, 09:53 AM
I took him 2the vet once when it happened 1st he said its nothing serious mayb since hes had a change in his living conditions..i moved him from 1house 2my new 1, and like he said it wud fix by its self and it did but i dont trust vets to much
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Just keep an eye on it for now and if it goes any worse then take him back- whats he fed on out of interest?

BTW stress due to the house move is a possibility and if its this it should eventually resolve itself
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-03-2005, 10:04 AM
At the moment hes 80% on raw meat once in a while he gets canned food and also milk but mostly raw meat and bones,and he has his biccys IMAS he seems to be feeding well otherwise hes a very happy pup doesnt look ill just this is the 2nd time hes had this hair loss so im worried he might go bald
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 11:13 AM
do you give suppliments with the raw diet? I do just in case I have not covered everything they require, try a product called missing link or artic vigor this is great for coats.

Mo
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-03-2005, 11:23 AM
ive been told egg is very good 4 a dogs coat? is this true? if so shud i give him raw egg or boiled?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I feed raw but also add eggs (raw or boiled or scrambled doesnt matter to be honest). I also add cheese, sardines, salmon, tuna, pasta and variety of veggies.
Not at every meal but they do get a couple of portions throughout the week so the diet isnt just meat alone
I also add kelp tablets a few times a week and sunflower capsules for Libs as she recently suffered alittle hair loss which im hoping is hormone related (due to her season)