Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Can you maintain calm assertive enrgy when leaping behind a bush to play a recall game?
Can you have CAE when rolling on the floor tickling your dogs feet to encourage him to play?
Can you have CAE when sending a small relative through an agility tunnel to encourage a shy dog to follow.
Can you maintain CAE when running away like the clappers making high pitched squeals to encourage a reluctant dog to follow?
I`m obviously not dignified enough to train dogs!
lol or running ab out like a loon with a football as your dog jut sits and watches you - and the whole street watches

Unfortunatly you CAN remain calm and kick someone, hit them with a baseball bat, shoot them
You can do violance to someone without feeling violent
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Oh dear, no-one told me I was supposed to be dignified
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 01:26 PM
I can't see the original video but I can imagine all too well what's going on.

I've been known to make silly noises whilst doing what looks like a raindanceinthe middle fo the street before now to get a dog to respond. So a complete lack of dignity here too!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Can you have CAE when sending a small relative through an agility tunnel to encourage a shy dog to follow.
Love that
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
lol or running ab out like a loon with a football as your dog jut sits and watches you - and the whole street watches

Unfortunatly you CAN remain calm and kick someone, hit them with a baseball bat, shoot them
You can do violance to someone
without feeling violent
actuaaly, you have a good point there Ben.
i hadnt thought of that.

i suppose yoou are reinforcing what im saying.
cool clam collected/calm assertive energy - they dont describe a behaviour, they describe a state of mind whilst perfoming the behaviour
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Sounds a lot like brad Pattison now doesn't he? If he truly knew what he was doing was right he wouldn't have anything to hide, hiding behind a copy right law loophole isna cowardace thing to do imo. It seems to me that he truly has something to hide.

Oh that crapping your pants comment was in reference to cm showing fear at times lol.
Promethean
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
I can't see the original video but I can imagine all too well what's going on.

I've been known to make silly noises whilst doing what looks like a raindanceinthe middle fo the street before now to get a dog to respond. So a complete lack of dignity here too!
Try this one. This is the 3rd version of it, they keep pulling them down, good people however keep putting them back up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=lBKDkI5W0lI
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Try this one. This is the 3rd version of it, they keep pulling them down, good people however keep putting them back up

Am loving the good people!

Wys
x
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
In which case, i was correct.
You havent understood the post of mine you quoted, Nor followed all the others I have made on this topic.
As i havent said anything of the sort you have written above.
Misreading posts is one thing, then using that as a basis for asking if i kick dogs, is another.
That would be an idiotic thing to do.

But re your last point: the mantra is fine, Cesar Milan's behaviour isnt.
Unfortunately you've also misunderstood my posts, so we must both be idiots?!

I wasn't asking you if you kicked dogs (I actually said people), but trying to highlight that just because you can do something, doesn't make it right or mean you should (eg kicking people would, quite rightly, get you into trouble).

Of course you can have CAE and kick a dog, but the point is if you are being CA you shouldn't NEED to kick the dog. If the dogs respond so well to CMs CAE then why does he need to kick them in the first place? The answer is because he's clueless and his "methods" don't work, but hopefully we all already know that!
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Can't watch his vids/show, get to annoyed.

I'm not sure if CM genuinely believes his is the right way, or he did and now doesn't, but won't come out and admit it. But in the end it doesn't matter, he still uses those methods/theories.

I think 99.9% of it is complete bollocks, but what does my opinion matter. His seeming obsession with dominance makes me suspect he's got some kind of inferiority complex.

Now, better go check on the dogs, they're out of sight...who knows what they're plotting lol.
Page 18 of 49 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »