Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Well folks so far so good. Today for brekkers Harvey got a small handful of soaked kibble in his food. Tonight he got half/half. Will do same tomorrow & take it from there. So far there has been no reaction, however its too soon to be optomistic ....
Am following Harvey from afar, and watching his skin like a hawk

I have everything crossed here that you have hit on something that works so that you can relax safe in the knowledge that he is being fed well, and will have no reactions.

Jimmi is still okay on Fish4dogs, so I am breathing a huge sigh of relief.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Well he was pretty itchy tonight but then so was Katie so could be environmental & co-incidence, skin is a normal colour.

Glad to hear Ji mi still doing ok
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 07:08 AM
aw hope they are both ok today x
spot
Dogsey Veteran

14-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Sorry to go off topic and I do hope Harvey et al get sorted but - yes you did know there would be a but - I read the title of this thread and immediately thought of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rryNo...eature=related

warning there is some language but check out 3.12 says it all for me
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately things went from bad to worse, by 10pm last night he had very intense itch, scratching mid air & very sick this morning & this was him just midway on changeover

Yet another bag of food for the foxes/badgers

Nothing to eat this morning, tonight he was much calmer itch wise & begging for food so he got some wet with chicken mixed in. The boy is a problem....... We will go back to square one of home cooking to eliminate the toxins

Went for our weekly pet food shop - mostly cat stuff & picked up some turkey & veg food. Will leave it until hes calmed down & then try it.

They said they will take two bags wafcol back despite lack of receipts if only Wafcol hadnt changed their recipes...........
spot
Dogsey Veteran

14-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately things went from bad to worse, by 10pm last night he had very intense itch, scratching mid air & very sick this morning & this was him just midway on changeover

Nothing to eat this morning, tonight he was much calmer itch wise & begging for food so he got some wet with chicken mixed in. The boy is a problem....... We will go back to square one of home cooking to eliminate the toxins

Went for our weekly pet food shop - mostly cat stuff & picked up some turkey & veg food. Will leave it until hes calmed down & then try it.

They said they will take two bags wafcol back despite lack of receipts if only Wafcol hadnt changed their recipes...........
Im so sorry to hear things are no better if not worse - please excuse my post above it was just meant to be a bit of fun but its no fun if your dog is having problems. I do hope you find a solution and I hope I have not offended you.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 08:37 PM

Oh no.......my heart sank when I read this. I am so sorry. BLASTED WAFCOL Poor Harvey doesn't deserve this, (and nor did Jimmi). At least you know that your own cooked meals for him are okay and perhaps you will just have to stick with those from now on.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Im so sorry to hear things are no better if not worse - please excuse my post above it was just meant to be a bit of fun but its no fun if your dog is having problems. I do hope you find a solution and I hope I have not offended you.
You are ok i couldnt get it to Play - blame the iPhone
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Velvet boxers; think IMHO I would stick to home-made diet for Harvey from here if I were you. It's just not worth his discomfort. Sorry things have gone back a bit for him
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Velvet boxers; think IMHO I would stick to home-made diet for Harvey from here if I were you. It's just not worth his discomfort. Sorry things have gone back a bit for him
Come to that thinking as well, does have it's drawbacks especially days we eat out, will just have to be better organised in preparing ahead

It does make you wonder what is in dog foods to cause such adverse reactions
Page 16 of 18 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 >