Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 09:13 AM

Tsk! Bt Yahoo

I switched to sky broadband at the start of August, and I can remember when I rang BT to get my code they said 'You do realise the minute we give you the code your service will stop and your account cancelled?'
Yeah, yeah, fine I said.

Just to make sure, when I was doing my online banking the other day I cleared out some old direct debits, the yahoo one being one of them. So surprise surprise I get a letter this morning to say there is a problem with my account and it has been suspended.

So I rang them. When did they last take money from my account? 26th August(and to be honest they weren't keen to tell me that and asked why I wanted to know ) That's funny I said as you told me it was closed on the 2nd?

Oh, well we'll remove the money you are owing and send you a letter to say it has cosed.
Hang on a mo? What about the £26.98 you took AFTER it was closed, nevermind what I owe you????

So they are going to send me a final statement to say they owe me money, I have to then contact them and then they'll give it back.

Talk about blood from a stone, though it doesn't surprise me at all.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-10-2007, 07:03 AM
I never spoke to anyone i requested my through the internet and that it was vaild for 30 days if i wanted to stay with BT do nothing and the service will continuue.

So i ddin't lose any time without a connection lost the BT one then just input the SKY user name and password into my router and i was online with SKY.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Now I rang them as I needed the code a.s.a.p and the empty threats about it stopping immediately were to stop me leaving.
They told me allsorts about sky to get me to stay, even saying Watchdog wouldn't recommend them, and 'had I heard the horro stories'.

Needless to say my service didn't stop immediately and the changeover to sky was very smoooth. It's just BT who have mucked the whole thing up.