Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mango
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Rupe,
It's great to see you've made it!!
Try doing this, it's helped me, go right to the top of the page where you've read the message there you see Dog forums if you click on that you get the whole menu displayed (all very interesting) and if you click Other pets and animal chat this is where these posts came from.
Hope I've helped and not confused you more!
Good luck and once again lovely to see you here.
Chris D xx
Curmy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Hello Rupe, Glad you made it over here. I still get completely lost on this board ,and am going to carry on complaining about the other board. Chat to you tomorrow, Curmy.
Rupert
New Member!
Female 

02-10-2005, 04:57 PM
MANGO, Dogweb sent me your message, and I cannot find it here???
You see the problem, I do not understand your instructions. Oh dear me.
What a soppy date I am. Rupe, x
Mango
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Rupe,
It's on the next pafe to yours......page 3 LOL!
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Hello Mango,

Its sad that Rupe and Curmy are getting lost on this site. Its getting easier and I know I'm repeating but there are so many shortcuts to quicken things up.

Its funny, I was thinking about you(I don't mean its funny that I was) more that I do so and come on line and there you are.

What can I say? I was talking to Fluffybunny and saying how I wondered if much would happen now that Autumn is here and maybe I'll have to talk of other things and yet whilst it hasn't been constant I have had visits from just about every type of bird I used to see but there have been so much beautiful birdsong to be heard all day. And I am sure that I am hearing more than one Robin. In fact I am hearing that song more than any other so whether some are nesting nearby I'm unsure.

I put a nesting box up(no joy so far)and yet one his fleeting visit where I did catch sight of him he flew right into the top of a Conifer tree near the house so I wonder if there could be a nest there?

As I have only seen it by itself today, I am unsure if its the same one but the Squirrel has been busy today and spent best part of the day just moving around the garden. And a few minutes ago decided to help himself to some of the bird food on the path that still remains.

I do know that it went into next door's garden or sat on the fence and was seen by the Rotweiller and from what I saw the dog just seemed curious and though it went in the Squirrel's direction it did not run or bark. The owner says he's still a puppy but he's a size. Seems to have a nice nature. How big is it, well, the fence dividing the new neighbours from those living further up the road, it can stand on its hind legs and rest on the fence looking over to see what's going on. And I reckon the fence panels to be at least 5' in height.

You may've seen me mention that a shed has been erected. Its very tiny but built where the trees in their garden used to be so I guess that's why they were removed. But with that there again, just maybe its more protection againt bad wether and possibly it blocks one route the hawk comes into the garden. The shed looks a bit bit like a log cabin and on the side I can see it has fancy windows and they have put net curtains inside.

If you are passing through the threads of mine where I put the pictures of my garden, can you see if they all are working as Fred says that he cannot see some of them and yet they show up on my pc.http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/sho...00&postcount=5

BTW I hope in the pets section you saw my picture of the Porcupine babies

Take Care Chris

Gildy x
Rupert
New Member!
Female 

02-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Gildy, why don't you write a brief note to Bill Oddie, or the producers of Springwatch, or BBC nature films. They could make a lovely film of you, your relationship with birds, your situation which gives you the opportunity to spend on your really wonderful and interesting hobby and knowledge. You shouldn't waste it. Or submit articles to magazines. love from Rupe x x x x
Mango
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Gildy

Such a lovely and interesting post as usual
Now before I forget I must answer your question, no I can't see the pics on that page it shows two boxes with a red cross, I wonder did you save them in something other than Jpeg?
That's the format that I find works best, and your others came out fine.
I've said before that your garden sounds similar to mine but seeing yours (a real treat by the way) yours is much longer than mine.....the trees are gorgeous.

Oh I really wish I had some birds in my garden I'm really sad how empty it is

the Robin's song is so pretty, such a sweet bird.

But reading about yours really helps, you paint the picture in words
I feel sure that whatever there is to write about in the coming months will be of interest from you

My you have a squirrel as well, I wonder what the dog thought of it??

That certainly sounds like a very posh shed Hope that it deters the hawk.

Hopefully Curmy and Rupe will get used to using this site, it's really great I think so much to read and see and such lovely people :smt038

That's lovely that you were thinking of me, I do you and then you'll pop up, if you know what I mean

Today has been quite good here and I've taken my hops down they cover the fence in next to no time in the spring so it's nice but it starts to go off about now so as the weather was good I've cut it right down, it looks a bit bare now

I haven't seen the porcupine babies yet so I'll go and have a look, hope that you can get your other pics sorted out.

thanks for writing Gildy, you take care too

Chris xx
Curmy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Gildy, the trouble is, I've got the concentration of a Gnat ! I get half way through following directions and then forget the beginning, but I'm sure I'll learn in time !
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Evening Curmy,

Look at it this way. I can drive a car(well, I could when I had one before I took ill)and I can use a pc but ask what's going on inside...forget it!

Children get on and they just whizz through it all

But the thing is without any training "We're doing it!"

Practice is all it takes...

I've to try and fix some photo's that failed upload properly when I come up to bed. Mango checked things out for me and verified they do not work(yet they show on here)

Glad you had a great weekend and enjoyed the company. It was a lovely day across alot of the UK, a proper autumnal day.

As the saying goes...I will be back

Gildy x
Curmy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Gildy, the owls are having a screeching competition in the trees round here. Its 11.30,p.m.and there are 4 of them in 4 different trees all making different noises. Pity you can't identify them for me!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >