View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2010, 10:25 PM
That's a bit cryptic for me Nicci can you pm me ?
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I'm sorry guys I am going to put my head on a block here, I must be the only person that has a real uneasy feeling about this...Not sure if I can copy posts from somewhere else across?

As I feel someone here is being economical with the truth.

I've contacted two well respected people within the world of Dobermanns and await their replies.
Oh Dear! no?
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Well done Cassassin!

I've just read through all of this thread!
I live in Preston myself and was thinking if my OH was actually contactable i may have been able to take him as no children and no plans to have any if OH agreed. (He's in Canada at the moment and im not able to contact him for another week and a half) Obviously also would have been too long for the OP to wait!

That's wonderful news for Oscar and OP and family i'm glad he's getting a second chance!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm sorry guys I am going to put my head on a block here, I must be the only person that has a real uneasy feeling about this...Not sure if I can copy posts from somewhere else across?

I've contacted two well respected people within the world of Dobermanns and await their replies.
Ohh no Nicci, while what ever you know effect the dog? I dont think you can cross post, but you are allowed to tell us when you have seen on other forums.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 12:03 AM
From what i can make out from a message i was left, Casandra will be meeting Kitty next sunday! I had to dash off earlier in mid convo with her and didnt have time to tell her i had to go so what she was saying at the time i have just got
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 05:11 AM

I hope you can tell us whats behind this!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Me too , I was hoping to go away with good news?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L

Whats going on!!!
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-05-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm not sure if my reply is helping here but thought it might be useful to share my own personal experience.

When I was 13 we had a Dob and one day, while sitting by the fire with him I went over the top of him to cuddle him. He suddenly turned on me and clamped his jaws round my face. It was clear at the time this was a warning and sounds like the situation with the 3 year old I think.

I lived with Jason for another 4 years until he was PTS for medical problems at 9 years old.

There were no more attacks and no more problems. It was just typical cold faced doberman with no pre-warning and it was only a warning. Even having lived with a Dob I always find them the hardest to predict a sudden change of mood.

My point would be that one single instance does not make a Dog Human Agressive. What is certain is that this dog, at the very least, must be vet checked and go to an adult only forever home with an experienced handler.

I do not believe we are at the PTS stage yet.

Sorry if this is slightly of the line the thread was going, but I though it would be useful to share.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
True, numbers and a suggestion of transport has been offered, along with "I would help but" but if push came to shove how may would step up to the mark and take this dog in to save it from euthanasia
I would love to take this dog, but to start with, I am not experienced enough yet. But even if I was, if I was able to have more dogs just now I would have but I am living with my parents and cant afford another dog. People may wish they could help (i do) but that doesnt mean they are in a position themselves to add another dog. I am also too far away to be of any help.

There is also the fact that we all own dogs, and this dog is DA and that is a big thing to take into consideration for the current dog/s and the family living in the house.
Closed Thread
Page 35 of 47 « First < 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 > Last »