Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wanda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2009, 08:35 PM

Petguard Insurance

I am just looking at insurance for Foxy (canine) and Smokey (feline), as the Saga Insurance has come out very expensive for the two of them this year.

Petguard has come up with a quote that is half that of Saga, which looks great, life time cover etc., but the trouble is, it's that good that I am suspicious!

Can't say that I have heard of them before, but they have come out on top of the table, beating M&S, Petplan etc.

Any comments or advice from out there - please?!
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
I am just looking at insurance for Foxy (canine) and Smokey (feline), as the Saga Insurance has come out very expensive for the two of them this year.

Petguard has come up with a quote that is half that of Saga, which looks great, life time cover etc., but the trouble is, it's that good that I am suspicious!

Can't say that I have heard of them before, but they have come out on top of the table, beating M&S, Petplan etc.

Any comments or advice from out there - please?!
I wasnt aware that Saga did pet insurance, did y ou recently get a quote of them.
Wanda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Yes, and they were excellent until this years renewal notice came through - it had gone up by nearly £200!!!!

Neither Foxy Dog nor Smokey Cat who were covered by Saga have ever had any claims, so why it went up so much I don't know, but it certainly gave me the kick that I needed to look around at other insurers. I'm afraid I tend to be a bit lazy about things like this, but this really shocked me.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Perhaps they have changed their underwriters and that is why it has gone up so much.

If you have never claimed on insurance then at least you have a clean sheet to shop around.

AXA PPP's own insurance came out quite cheap when I was looking around - same level of cover as M&S but much cheaper (M&S cover nearly doubled for me last time because they had changed from PPP to Sun Alliance as their underwriters - so bye bye M&S from us - who actually did not give a monkeys and would not even reconsider the price - not particularly good practice in such a recession I though, however ...)

It is a minefield out there - hope you find something suitable!
amoshobo
New Member!
Female 

03-04-2011, 12:00 AM
I have insurance with petguard & have made a clain this year. They have been fantastic @ paying, very quickly & with no problems.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Just to say that I've heard on another forum that Petguard's underwriters are no longer offering the lifetime cover and Petguard are only offering cover until the end of current policies. a few members phoned up to confirm this. Definately worth looking into if you're with Petguard or weer considering them.
Suejaw
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Thats not good, i've only just moved mine over to Petguard, it was with the lifetime cover. Will now need to double check that they are keeping up with the policy i've signed up to last year!!