Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
strawboss
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by AlbionLass
That's awful, I would imagine that a higher proportion of people have their own transport in your country than in the UK due to the sheer scale of Canada, half my family live over there and they all seem to have a small car and an SUV, even the teens!

Are there groups in Canada fighting to improve the rights of dogs and their owners? I've heard you get a pretty hard time in some provinces and cities. I would love to hear about them if their are, I'm all for signing petitions etc.
Yes, there's one group of note here (Ottawa) the NCCPD (National Capital Coalition of People & Dogs)

There was talk of petioning our city bus company but it's come to naught....We're not even allowed to walk our leashed dogs through the areas set aside for the annual spring tulip festival because of rules set out by the commission in charge, the Nation Capital Commission! (NCC)
(and we're talking about 100 acres or more city wide!)

The reason given to me by the NCC was that they weren't prepared to undergo the expense of a lawsuit if a tourist was bitten by a local's dog!
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by strawboss
Yes, there's one group of note here (Ottawa) the NCCPD (National Capital Coalition of People & Dogs)

There was talk of petioning our city bus company but it's come to naught....We're not even allowed to walk our leashed dogs through the areas set aside for the annual spring tulip festival because of rules set out by the commission in charge, the Nation Capital Commission! (NCC)
(and we're talking about 100 acres or more city wide!)

The reason given to me by the NCC was that they weren't prepared to undergo the expense of a lawsuit if a tourist was bitten by a local's dog!
That's outrageous! And ridiculous!!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Oi Katie:

"I'm not racist at all (apart from them bloomin Irish, if duboing's listening)"

You watch your mouth missus.

Grrrr...

KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by duboing
Oi Katie:

"I'm not racist at all (apart from them bloomin Irish, if duboing's listening)"

You watch your mouth missus.

Grrrr...

Haha! OK

(PS. I'm half Irish myself)
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 04:57 PM
I always took Bodhi on the bus when I lived on the wirral!

She is ever so good! All the pensioners used to love her aswell. One old fella had her sat on his knee (she's hardly lap dog sized, no matter what she thinks)!

She is great on the train too! Our longest and most recent trip was from Hull to Liverpool (about 3.5 hours).

She hates the car though!!! Well.. Unless she can sit on the back seat, next to someone (me).
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3