Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Black Kong-easy!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Most toys don't last more than 5 minutes here. The only thing I've found that really lasts is a leather football. Rupert pops them within minutes but even after that we get a good few months out of them. Even the small leather balls you can get last a few weeks. He chews at the hole in a kong and has taken chunks out of a black kong that way. Just chews constantly at one spot of any toy until he's chewed it off then moves on to another part

I've practically given up on toys for him. Plastic bottles, cardboard boxes and stuffed toys from the charity shops are the main "toys" here now. He has as much fun with them as he does with the occasional squeaky or stuffed toy I buy him. Bottles especially since they make a noise
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Have to admit, footballs are good and they last a while but they're the sort of things that lie around in the garden and get played with.

I'm talking about the sort of thing for him to purposefully sit for hours and chew.

If I let Fingal lie and chew the football in the house while we sat watching a film it would just be gone but yes - as a 'toy' it's brill.

Anyway, Fingals dodgy looking Big Dog Galileo is proving to be a hit. He wont even go from one room to the next without it !
madhouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2006, 05:17 PM
We've got the Galileo too, and that smaller nylabone one also. Both big hits here
ozmutt
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2006, 04:06 AM
My girl totally ignored the nylabone for at least a month. Then I got the idea to just use the smallest amount of peanut butter to "smear" each end. She started chewing then and hasn't given up since. It has lasted about 2 months now and she still goes back to it if nothing else is on offer. It's almost worn out.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2