Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2024, 07:10 AM

Thursday 29th February 2024

Morning peeps. Well Kelly I am one of the stupid people I thought I had posted yesterday but nope it didn't happen. lol!! Anyway Margaret came and had a natter and then because of the buses not running after 6ish back to hers she went after only a short time here. I suppose a short time is better than no time but I do worry about her going back in the dark and also getting soaked on the way to me and back again. And some driver went through a big puddle and soaked her while she was waiting for the bus. So bad of drivers not to take care when passing pedestrians. Have a good day everyone. And yep it is raining again so beware of puddles and drivers. But hey tomorrow is the first of another month so maybe better weather? Word for today:Fibroin
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2024, 09:37 AM
Mornin all

So go on, hands up, how many of the women on here are planning on proposing today

Dull, dull, dull and forecasting rain so it looks like it's the car today

I wish I could still walk as far as the village, then it wouldn't matter - we've never been afraid of rain, but, alas, the scooters are
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2024, 10:20 AM
Lol errrr, that would be a no Chris. Steve's a serial proposer, he's been engaged 3 times and I made it very plain from the outset that I would never get married unless I was on my deathbed. I would get engaged possibly but I would never follow through with it
Meeting my uncle today but not feeling great, think it's a flare up
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2024, 10:53 AM
Good morning Chris, Breda and Kelly

Hope stopped raining s you could get a dry walk Brenda

Enjoy your trip out Chris

Do hope you begin to feel better Kelly

Lovely and sunny here the morning but jut for a change rain is forecast for later. Tezlwe walked and have dead headed the hydrangeas as they are all sprouting well. Bedding in the wash but will have to go over airer and radiators and on school run this afternoon. Again tomorrow afternoon. I think next week it will be every afternoon at least plus of course Monday and Tuesday mornings.

Take care everyone
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-02-2024, 12:04 PM
How do you recognise a happy motorcyclist? easy, because of having flies stuck to the teeth.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-02-2024, 02:32 PM
Good afternoon everyone.
We are home. We encountered some nasty rain travelling on the A14.

We had a few nice days away. We needed a reset like Brewster, except we have to come back to the place that made him naughty and quite possibly sad.
Monday the weather was not good but Tuesday was lovely and we did a good bit of travelling down memory lane when we used to take the boys on holidays to Suffolk.
Yesterday was not as nice but pleasant enough to wander, we went out for a lovely meal last night at one of the nearby pubs as a treat.

I did do a post Monday evening but the internet connection was atrocious and when I pressed send it completely disappeared.

The cottage was cosy, well equipped but a bit dated but the views were wonderful and we overlooked the pond from the living room window. Back to Freya sitting Monday so will make the most of the next few days.

griff I hope you are feeling better soon.
Kazz sorry to hear about your neighbour, your interaction sounds similar to mine.
brenda sorry the bird didn't make it but due to your caring it had a peaceful end.
I hope Margaret's visit next week is a little longer.
Chris if the rain was as bad as it was when we were on our way home I don't blame for taking the car.
Sue sounds like next week will be very busy, I hope Ben has made you calendar of when you are needed and when not needed.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2024, 04:43 PM
Good afternoon all

Lynn I think you need to look into rehoming a oldie
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-02-2024, 04:46 PM
Maybe Kazz. Not the right time yet but a lovely girl (Bernese) 6 months old has turned up for rehoming from a foster 6 months old rescued from a kill shelter with her siblings.
Possibly from Romania or somewhere similar. She will be snapped up I'm sure.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2024, 06:09 PM
The good thing about dogs is they live in the moment not the past. You and Gorden need to try to do the same as your home is where Brewster was loved, guided, kept safe and above all adored.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-02-2024, 07:28 PM
You're right Kazz.