Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 09:25 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 6th February, 2021

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Have a good day, take it easy and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2021, 09:37 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Another wet day, the sun did start to shine but has promptly disappeared.
We did get out for a stroll somewhere different yesterday, but muddy underfoot and again turned out to be a miserable damp dark day.

Kazz your garden plans sound lovely.

Stay safe everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 09:42 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Very misty and damp first thing but I have managed to get out and clean between the block paving garden path in the back garden. Now coffee and then housework.

Hope all are well, stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 10:16 AM
Morning all
It's dreary here too... booooooooo
Was amazed by royal mail, posted a letter Thursday afternoon and it was delivered to cockermouth yesterday morning!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-02-2021, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Was amazed by royal mail, posted a letter Thursday afternoon and it was delivered to cockermouth yesterday morning!!

Trying to compensate for all those letters posted during WW2 and delivered in the eighties and nineties

I have to say that since we've lived here we have had good service from Royal Mail

Didn't want to get out of bed this morning weather wet and cold and tomorrow they are talking about a lot of snow

Enjoy your day everyone and as Moyra has said keep safe and look after your doggies.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 11:08 AM
Good morning all

Rain, rain go away day here today

Got a call this morning and me and OH are booked in the vaccination this afternoon at 4.20 pm. I told them about Gary's situation and they have put him on the housebound list so that he will have his missed injection in the next few days so all is well. I just hope they let them in this time. I have pre-warned them
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 11:38 AM
Morning all. Very misty/foggy first thing but sunnyish now. Been for my usual preamble. Now back and have been sending pics of old photos to my sister and she has been sending some to me. One really funny one of me at about 7 years old with a jackdaw sitting on my head. He was called Wally because he came from Wallace Haven. We rescued him as a baby and then released him back. Lovely memory. Have a good day all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 01:17 PM
Right been out with Gert really foggy she was unsure about running too far after her ball as I was out of her sight, but she overcame it just as quickly when I stood still instead of walking on. She is normally not fussed but the fog was dense as we came down the track. Came home and remeasured also have some pavers left over (almost forgot about them as they are sitting on the wall so am planning on paving the top raised bit of the garden and removing my worn out grass. But increasing the planting up there. with some chunky plants and paving around them best I can a summer spring job I think. Be a nice place to put maybe a chair.

Also been to the butchers and Iceland may say I strongly recommend their own brand wood fired pizza scrumptious.

Back out with Gert and back home have cut and now given first coat of preserver for the wood I plan to use to create a sort of arch frame coming off the summer house making an entrance so to speak to the lower grass. Also marked out where I need to dig a hole to put a new washing line post in shortening the line away from the patio area is my plan.

Chris brilliant news on both fronts this speed is very reassuring about the jabs.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 09:31 PM
Chris... hope you both feel o.k after your jab and fingers crossed Gary gets his soon
Kazz, do you want to come and sort my lawn...please??? The drainage wants sorting and I can't be faffed..my dad has murmured things about it but I will still be waiting next year!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2021, 09:40 PM
Kelly my daughter in the US has the same problem made worse by more than just a tad of snow melting unlike us here who panic at a snowflake. I'd love what she gets. Just checked her weather and it gives -17 at night -4 during the day.brr!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >