View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2012, 06:01 PM
I know what you mean about Zak there Kirsty, Zena is always on a mission, but it's always at 90mph too, is that what Zak is like???!!!

I remember when we first did our agility, and after we had done the a-frame, the jumps and weaves at 90mph, it was time for the dog walk (this was all proper competition sized equipment I'm talking about here). The trainer stood there with me, giving me the low down on how a lot of dogs will freeze once they get up the top, and how we had to make sure she approached it so very right, because it was so narrow, and how once up there (if she made it up the narrow plank), one of us each side with 2 leads on her, then she would move each paw forward to get her across it. I was very nervous having been given all my instructions. Well, you can imagine what happened next You guessed it, the two of us had to RUN to keep up with her, nose to the ground, up she went and straight across and down with the pair of us totally exhausted having to run to keep up with her and make sure she didn't fall off lol!

Have you taken Zak to agility yet Kirsty??? Be prepared, make sure you're fit enough lol!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Arantius View Post
Absolutely stunning pics.
Thank you Arantius
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I know what you mean about Zak there Kirsty, Zena is always on a mission, but it's always at 90mph too, is that what Zak is like???!!!

I remember when we first did our agility, and after we had done the a-frame, the jumps and weaves at 90mph, it was time for the dog walk (this was all proper competition sized equipment I'm talking about here). The trainer stood there with me, giving me the low down on how a lot of dogs will freeze once they get up the top, and how we had to make sure she approached it so very right, because it was so narrow, and how once up there (if she made it up the narrow plank), one of us each side with 2 leads on her, then she would move each paw forward to get her across it. I was very nervous having been given all my instructions. Well, you can imagine what happened next You guessed it, the two of us had to RUN to keep up with her, nose to the ground, up she went and straight across and down with the pair of us totally exhausted having to run to keep up with her and make sure she didn't fall off lol!

Have you taken Zak to agility yet Kirsty??? Be prepared, make sure you're fit enough lol!
Haha they sound so similar H I laughed at the image of Zena flying over that dog walk with you trying to keep up Flame was like that, but poor Yogi was a really scaredy pants. I haven't decided whether to do agility with Zak yet, as we are doing working trials - but I have no doubt he would love it and take all the equipment at 90mph!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Haha they sound so similar H I laughed at the image of Zena flying over that dog walk with you trying to keep up Flame was like that, but poor Yogi was a really scaredy pants. I haven't decided whether to do agility with Zak yet, as we are doing working trials - but I have no doubt he would love it and take all the equipment at 90mph!
Oh bless dear Flame there Kirsty!!! The A-frame was Zena's favourite, she would do a spin half way UP it then realise she didn't have the oooomph to get over the top when facing back up to it as she dug her claws in, so I'd have to give her a helping hand from behind lol, much to the trainer's amusement!!! When we had finished the very first fun lesson, and I was standing there chatting with the trainer, off she went, 90mph straight over to the A-frame again, stood at the bottom, looking over at me with a big smile on her face asking if she could do it all again on her own lol! Gotta love her for that

Oh you're going to have such fun with this boy of yours aren't you, I quite envy you, having the time and inclination to do it
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3