View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gwenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Fraid my lot hold their noses up to be kissed!Theres nothing better than a lovely cold wet doggy nose!
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Teg likes gentle kisses if he is in a calm mood, too excited and he doesn't like them, same with hugs.

Hocus will kiss on command as he likes licking people so turned it into a lick on command. He also likes you kissing him but you're just as likely to get a black eye as he bobs up to get it quicker!

I don't kiss my dogs mouth, just the top of their head, I don't let them do tongues as I know where it has been!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2012, 04:12 PM
I read last week about an increased chance of gum disease when kissing your dog!

Helen
lindseyp
New Member!
Female 

28-10-2012, 02:51 PM
I am guilty of kissing my dog, but I understand that nearly always, it is something I enjoy but she doesn't - she just has too soft a muzzle to resist, lol!
So I taught her that if she lets me kiss her she gets treat

But I do think it is unfair to think dogs should just tolerate what we want. Hence why I offer mine good things as payment - or, if she really hated THAT much and continued to look uncomfortable, I wouldn't do it. - but as someone has already mentioned, surely it is important to teach dogs that having faces near them is a good thing, so that you hopefully don't run into trouble later when it happens.

What annoyed me about Milan's example of this kiss is the dog just had to be forced to let people kiss it. He has no regard for the dog. Just "stick a parrot on your shoulder" (I am assuming the dog was frightened of the parrot and so would tolerate anything?) rather than a) teaching the woman to listen to her poor dog's signals, and b) teaching the dog that kissing is a good thing.
Oh no, just make the dog do what it hates instead - not to mention putting the bird in danger in many ways.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Well as I said earlier Duncan hates kisses but he is quite happy to have eyes, ears etc looked into. I think it's putting a mouth/teeth on him he doesn't like he is quite happy to be stroked and have his facial hair trimmed etc.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5