Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
He is a friendly guy, and asked what I did/what I planned for the future, but I just didn't feel very comfortable when he put his arm around me for the photo.
Not a criticism of yourself, but how sad that that should be the case. The society that we live in now is so different from, say, the 80's. I would no longer give a stranger a lift, even a woman, and even if broad daylight we can feel unsafe. What was doubtless just a friendly gesture, was interpreted as something not quite right by yourself because of the world we now live in. I think it's so sad.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Do we know what day/time this will be featured? Interested to see what questions he asks.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Not a criticism of yourself, but how sad that that should be the case. The society that we live in now is so different from, say, the 80's. I would no longer give a stranger a lift, even a woman, and even if broad daylight we can feel unsafe. What was doubtless just a friendly gesture, was interpreted as something not quite right by yourself because of the world we now live in. I think it's so sad.
I think it's more sad that we're expected to feel comfortable with someone just because they're a celebrity, or just because someone else would feel comfortable with it. I would feel uncomfortable at a stranger putting their arm around me and if I'd only just met a celeb I would feel the same.
There are plenty of examples of fame seemingly making celebs seem exempt being creepy, making people uncomfortable, etc. but they're just people, at the end of the day. If Spockky boy felt uncomfortable, they felt uncomfortable, I don't think that should be perceived as wrong just because the other person is a celeb, or as a fault in society.

Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
You know, I never get (understand) the jealous comment.

WHY would anyone be jealous of someone who is a dog abuser?

I know his supporters don't see it like that, and presumably think others are jealous because they can't do what he does, but it is so silly, if only they could understand how very very UN jealous we are!

Wys
x
Me neither. It reminds me of the kind of arguments I had as a kid with my kid brother, I almost expect to hear "Takes one to know one!" or "I know you are but what am I?" to be tattled back in a child's voice.
Or the sarcastic "Oh, and you're a dog behaviourist I take it?" - without realising how hypocritical they are being considering CM was a self-made "trainer". As if a "mere" pet owner couldn't spot an unhappy, uncomfortable dog being treated in such an appalling manner.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
You know, I never get (understand) the jealous comment.

WHY would anyone be jealous of someone who is a dog abuser?

x
Another friend levelled that accusation at Ian Dunbar when I showed her a statement he'd made about CM ........I mean, it's just ridiculous .
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2012, 01:48 PM
C.M is on the ALan Titchmarsh show

THIS THURSDAY ,October 25 th at 3.p.m IT.V 1

Rolf Harris is on today talking about his new animal programme

A some of you may know we had Buster,our dementia dog ,P.T.S last Friday and Im having such a bad day today..
Buster was a very nervous illtreated rescue dog -and the thought of any dog like that being within a million miles of C.M just makes me so very angry
Maureen
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
C.M is on the ALan Titchmarsh show

THIS THURSDAY ,October 25 th at 3.p.m IT.V 1

Rolf Harris is on today talking about his new animal programme

A some of you may know we had Buster,our dementia dog ,P.T.S last Friday and Im having such a bad day today..
Buster was a very nervous illtreated rescue dog -and the thought of any dog like that being within a million miles of C.M just makes me so very angry
Maureen

On my guide it says he's on on Wednesday....
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I think it's more sad that we're expected to feel comfortable with someone just because they're a celebrity, or just because someone else would feel comfortable with it. I would feel uncomfortable at a stranger putting their arm around me and if I'd only just met a celeb I would feel the same.
There are plenty of examples of fame seemingly making celebs seem exempt being creepy, making people uncomfortable, etc. but they're just people, at the end of the day. If Spockky boy felt uncomfortable, they felt uncomfortable, I don't think that should be perceived as wrong just because the other person is a celeb, or as a fault in society.

Me neither. It reminds me of the kind of arguments I had as a kid with my kid brother, I almost expect to hear "Takes one to know one!" or "I know you are but what am I?" to be tattled back in a child's voice.
Or the sarcastic "Oh, and you're a dog behaviourist I take it?" - without realising how hypocritical they are being considering CM was a self-made "trainer". As if a "mere" pet owner couldn't spot an unhappy, uncomfortable dog being treated in such an appalling manner.
You have completely misunderstood me. I wasn't criticising Spoccky in any way, and neither was I inferring that just because AT is a celeb, she should have felt comfortable with him putting his arm around her. I meant I think it is sad that anyone these days should have to feel threatened by what is after all a warm gesture of friendship. I think it is so sad that we all have to be so careful these days, adults as well as children. I am a very touchy feely person, I like to hug adults of both sexes, and I like to be hugged. I like physical contact, when I meet someone for the first time I'll give them a very warm handshake. Thereafter, it will be a hug - unless at work, I am talking about informal situations.

I have had to learn to hold back a bit, because as you say some people don't like this touchy-feely stuff, and I can't help wondering whether in some cases it is down to our present-day society.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2012, 02:20 PM
SORRY

SORRY SORRY

He IS on on Wednesday-NOT THURSDAY

Senior moment-(had already set it to record on the correct day)
Thank you for putting me right
Maureen
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
You have completely misunderstood me. I wasn't criticising Spoccky in any way, and neither was I inferring that just because AT is a celeb, she should have felt comfortable with him putting his arm around her. I meant I think it is sad that anyone these days should have to feel threatened by what is after all a warm gesture of friendship. I think it is so sad that we all have to be so careful these days, adults as well as children. I am a very touchy feely person, I like to hug adults of both sexes, and I like to be hugged. I like physical contact, when I meet someone for the first time I'll give them a very warm handshake. Thereafter, it will be a hug - unless at work, I am talking about informal situations.I have had to learn to hold back a bit, because as you say some people don't like this touchy-feely stuff, and I can't help wondering whether in some cases it is down to our present-day society.
Have to agree with you here Nikki, coz although I've never been hugged by a celeb (yet), I have been hugged by complete strangers, i.e. the consultant who cleaned out my ears, and the dentist who took my last tooth out, to name a couple, and to me, it's just a term of endearment, they like you, I don't see anything wrong in being hugged, but I suppose when you're a young girl, it would give you the creeps a bit looking back!

So it's now Wednesday for CM on Alan Titchmarsh, should be interesting!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Have to agree with you here Nikki, coz although I've never been hugged by a celeb (yet), I have been hugged by complete strangers, i.e. the consultant who cleaned out my ears, and the dentist who took my last tooth out, to name a couple, and to me, it's just a term of endearment, they like you, I don't see anything wrong in being hugged, but I suppose when you're a young girl, it would give you the creeps a bit looking back!

So it's now Wednesday for CM on Alan Titchmarsh, should be interesting!
I've always been a bit touchy feely, even when I was young, but I used to blush like mad.

I wouldn't miss AT for the world - OH has been instructed to record it so I don't miss it.
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »