View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2008, 09:43 PM
It is great how he has just taken to it, no wonder you are a proud mummy. Sound as if you have both got the bug
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Well done Jack. What a clever lad you are
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Thank you everyone, you are all soo supportive!!!

Jack loves it thoroughly and its great knowing that the bond we share is the reason he's as good as he is. He trusts me and just knows what I'm thinking.

I just wish I could keep up with the little devil he's doing spins at the end of a tunnel not knowing where to go next cos I cant keep up!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by jackpat View Post

Jack loves it thoroughly and its great knowing that the bond we share is the reason he's as good as he is. He trusts me and just knows what I'm thinking.

I just wish I could keep up with the little devil he's doing spins at the end of a tunnel not knowing where to go next cos I cant keep up!!!
lol at the spinning,, you need to speed up gall,,,rollerskates or somit,, lol
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
lol at the spinning,, you need to speed up gall,,,rollerskates or somit,, lol
I know !!!!! --------------- a scooter!!!!
No hold on I'm sure someone on here bent somert on one of those ( chuckles behind hand!!)
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 07:25 PM

Love hearing how well he is doing
But no pics - baaaad handler

If the tunnel at the moment is straight, yep its a swine to get there in time but when its curved its a lot easier, don`t worry, Mary Ann will help you teach him distance handling so you can send him to the next element while you catch up, it takes time for a dog to learn that so don`t be discouraged at all, MA will get you there
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Love hearing how well he is doing
But no pics - baaaad handler

If the tunnel at the moment is straight, yep its a swine to get there in time but when its curved its a lot easier, don`t worry, Mary Ann will help you teach him distance handling so you can send him to the next element while you catch up, it takes time for a dog to learn that so don`t be discouraged at all, MA will get you there
I know we'll get there we have had so few lessons I'm amazed at how well he does now. Its completely safe to say that any mistakes we make are mine not his. I was chuffed that I was able to send him over the last 3 jumps on his own this week. Thats new in training but something we've practiced out on walks. I just tell him to go on when we get to the stiles and he goes over by himself. I was surprised when he generalised enough to know what I wanted at training but he's a clever little chap!!

PS I cant take pics when I cant even breathe Patch!!!!!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 09:08 PM
PS I cant take pics when I cant even breathe Patch!!!!!

Pffft excuses excuses
I tried videoing Defa from above him while sending him over some jumps and weaves but all I got was camera shake, a white blur [ Defa ], and some desperate heavy breathing [ me ]
gabrielle willi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2008, 10:19 PM
i remember when mine started doing everthing for the first time, its the proudest moment you could ever have!! very well done and good luck in the future!! xxx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Well done to you and Jack

and might I suggest a camera strapped to a miner's helmet for future use?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >