View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hound
Dogsey Junior

01-11-2004, 10:51 AM

Pumpkin stolen!

My friend and her son had made a pumpkin, really good one, we put it outside the door on the wall to kinda say "knock here we have sweets to the little ones" my kids were out with their dad.

It did the trick the kids were soon knocking...then I opened the door to find a couple of 5 footers with masks on..Trick or treat (deep voice) I said "how old R u?" they said they were 13...My daughter was out with her mates and she is 12, so i didn't want to say your a bit old for this....so got them a couple of choccie bars went to door and gave them...then see their was about 15 of them at the end of my drive with beers!!!

I came back in the house my friend said..."is the pumpkin still there?" i didn't think, so I went the door and no it was gone...why those lil ******, I went racing out after them trying to run in my slippers shouting "oi you got my pumpkin?"......they walked faster as i tried to get up a bit of speed with me fluffs on my feet...in the end I gave up.....then felt a bit stupid cos I had lost it, my friend was outside the door laughing at me when I got back......then my 7 year came in and I explained that I had chased the thieves down the road....he thought it was funny too

a lesson learnt for me 'don't put your pumpkins outside......'
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 10:57 AM
we had the whole box of goodies stolen by one little group!!!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Gem- hope you got them back by throwing eggs at the little thieves
hound
Dogsey Junior

01-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Thats the thing, you daren't do anything to drastic...cos they know where u live.....I was just annoyed...but felt stupid cos i had actually given them something, I will be more aware next year and ask for ID
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 11:13 AM
LOL lel, too quick! i think i scared them off i heard them saying "let take them all"
so i opened the door, with NO MAKE UP ON!
and off they ran!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 12:15 PM
I always put my pumpkin on top of my porch roof, that way they have to climb to get it.