Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 09:57 AM

Dog Run

We are going to build the dogs a run,Hubby is starting tomorrow.
The previous tennant built a wall and petioned a part of the yard off,so we are going to turn it into a dog run.It needs cleaning up because we still have rubbish around there from when we moved in,just old stuff we don't use anymore. We will be able to see them and hear them as they will be along side the house.
Its about 5ft wide and about 16ft long.
We are fed up with the dogs wrecking the garden,and want it back,lol so we decided they can have a run it has excellent drainage around there so will be extremely easy to keep clean.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 10:04 AM
sounds great sal good luck with the build
i know what you mean by wanting your garden back , our garden ran in a slope and grass wouldn grow on it ,and evey time the council put grass seed down it washed away in rain so my oh and i decided ****** them well flag it . it now sits on three levels we have a seating area and the girls have an area to sunbathe and play on fab . enjoy it girl when you get your garden back it will be so liberating
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 10:13 AM
It's not so much digging they do,it's where they run and have turned it into a mud bath.We want some grass seed down now but until we can get the dogs off the garden it's pointless.
Meg and Fen love to bring back parts of plants and drop them at your feet,great they retrieve but please not the plants.
Tyler doesn't bother bringing anything back just kills everything by lifting his leg up all of the tubs and plants.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Good luck with the project. just keep a picture of the finished result in your mind whilst work is ongoing. it will spour you onwards.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Sounds good... good luck with it
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 11:41 AM
This is exactly what we've done to our garden, the previous owners really loved their garden and put a lot of effort into it, it's slowly being destroyed by our two

The lawn is slowly turning to a mudbath. So my husband has converted part of the garage by knocking a door into the back or it(garage is at the base of the garden) so we have sectioned off part of the garden for them and they can live outside now when it's finished off. Means I wont have as much dog hair in the house as well woohoo !
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2007, 12:27 AM
all my dogs live in the dog run,there kennels are one big shed with individual dog houses in them with wooden flooring and insulation under the flooring,i have had times werei bring them in the house and they just dont like it and dart out the house we now have a garden,sectioned of outta the 3/4 acre and we sit peacefull watching the dogs play in the long grass,they love it,harvey lived in the house for a long time but prefers to be outside,could you imagine 12 dogs in the house,i just wouldnt be able to keep so many,and just because they live outside doesnt mean we dont love them,im outside all day with them and they all get walked of a morning and night,and run and play in th garden,hope to see your pics sal when your done,