Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2021, 07:21 AM

Trying Tuesday 21/12/21

Morning everyone no idea what the weather is like curtains still firmly closed.
No big fella wanting to go outside.
Sorry no good morning from me not a good day and it is going to be a very trying Tuesday for us but hope not for you my friends.
Edited to add shortest day today, dark nights will be slowly getting lighter.

Thank you all so much for the love and support that you once again have been so generous in giving regards us losing Dillon it is so appreciated.
We are going out again today even though I have a Christmas cake to ice, mince pies to make and sausage rolls. We have today decided we need to be kind to ourselves.
Also Dillon's bits need sorting but for now they are in the shed out of sight till we can deal with the sorting.

Moyra have you any hospital appointments this week ? If so I hope they go well for you and they find the solution for you to help you get well.
griff hoping all is quiet on the western front.
Kazz haven't seen you for a couple of days hope you are busy not unwell.
Sue hoping the girls are gradually adapting to their new life here in the UK and that life is slowing down a bit for you.
Chris hope the heating gets sorted this week as promised if it hasn't already been fixed.
Also that Gary has warmed up to the idea he might have to stay with you over Christmas.

Keep safe and well everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2021, 08:13 AM
Thoughtful Tuesday Lynn. Thinking of you as I have been there too many times. I wish you and Gorden all the best and just keep thinking of the good times and that Dillon is always near you in spirit. Everyone else hope your day goes as well as you would want it to.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-12-2021, 08:36 AM
Thank you brenda and yes thoughtful is a good word for today.
Third time for us and we have both said neither of us can go through it a fourth time.
Have a nice day brenda.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2021, 10:27 AM
Good morning Lynn, Brenda and all who follow

Good idea Lynn to go out and treat. yourselves. Hugs. I have had to face the decision eleven times so know how you feel. I too have said that Teazle is our last.

Hope your day goes well for you Brenda

Monthly shop and the extras for Christmas done and stowed away. Teazle walked so now time for a coffee. The children seem to be happier and I think that once at school will settle really well. Having a few days to myself this week then I must think about sewing in name tapes on uniforms one thing I don't expect Ben to do.

Hope all are well. Take care
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2021, 11:24 AM
Sue can't you use velcro instead of sewing in name tapes? Or something that irons on? Yep I too have lost so many which is why I had decided no more. Here I can't anyway. But I am hopefully going to try and train some more next year depending on this pandemic carrying on. When will it end? How long have other pandemics go on for? I will be back with my puppy owner though in the New Year.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2021, 11:54 AM
Morning all
Lynn, I think taking yourselves out is a good thing....I have literally only just dismantled Dexter's scratching post, bloody massive thing it was and I was quite happy just to leave it but mum and dad said it had to go, likewise his food bowls have just gone.
We too have said no more animals but whether that sticks or not I have no idea, I will have to make the decision two more times and I daresay 3 with Molly, it's somewhat harder when one of the family doesn't agree with the decision you have made
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2021, 11:55 AM
Hugs to you Lynn and Gordon, you did the kindest thing in the end he is at peace now and running free in the Rainbow Garden. He had a good long life for his breed and that is all down to your care. Its almost a year since I lost Amber and like you I could never put myself through that again.

I have to go to the cardiac care unit on Friday 24th for an echocardiogram. I shall be glad to get it over and done with. I hope they can do something for my heart failure as it is frightening the way it runs so fast sometimes. I do not want to have a heart attack and at the moment that is quite possible.

Take care everyone and remember all those you have loved and lost will be with you in spirit this Christmas time. God bless.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2021, 12:47 PM
Good afternoon all.

Mucky day again, but dry.

Lynn, I so feel for you. It really is the worst of times, but at least you have the memories that Dillon gave to you. Although losing them is the worst feeling in the World, the best is the love they give and all the mischief. Rosie is our last one. I fear that if I got another after her it would outlive us and that's not something I ever want to happen.

Like you, I've lost three and it's the worst feeling in the world especially as we more often than not have to make the decision for them

Having a day to yourselves to regroup is the best thing you can do right now xx
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2021, 01:48 PM
Well I have put the mockers on tomorrow by dressing the table for when Margaret comes for Christmas lunch. Now watching classic Emmerdale.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2021, 02:17 PM
Great, Kota has done her back again....groan. she did her business, went to scratch the grass and was very gingerly trying...then she just wanted to come back home, she can't climb on the sofa either.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >