Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2024, 07:41 AM

Tuesday 23rd January 2024

Morning all. Hope you all had a good day yesterday and evening. Wet and windy here. Nothing much has altered in my world. Todays word is Zarf. An interesting word. Have a good day everyone. And breathe and count to ten,
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2024, 09:03 AM
raining here at the moment and Sue doing school thingy.
Had Ben stay here last night as he now has had to go to Uni yesterday and today for his new job. our train station is more convenient than where he lives, hence the overnight stay
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2024, 09:39 AM
Morning brenda, Barry and all to follow.
It has started raining here not sure how cold it is yet and not ventured outside.
Off to a garden centre later.

Kazz and Chris thank you.

brenda not heard that word before.
Chris glad Gary is better, sorry his heating has gone wrong fingers crossed the plumber turns up quick.
Sue I hope the school run gave you no difficulties.
griff I hope you are ok.
Kazz have a nice day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2024, 10:42 AM
Good morning everyone

Have a good da Brenda. Had to look that word up

Hugs Lynn. As said unfortunately Gorden and Brewster did not gel but you did everything you could for him. Do not feel guilty

Pleased Gary is better but a pity about the heating. Hopefully soon fixed

Yep raining here. School run was good and back again this afternoon and then the gymnastics run but Ben will pick up and take home. The problem with Ben's nearest statlon is the parking, all roads nearby are permit holders only but he is going to have a look to see if he can find one within walking distance of the station.

Take care everyone
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2024, 11:02 AM
Good morning all

Cold wet and windy here so no need to venture out therefore I am not - weird for me as I am usually off somewhere. Roast duck breast in plum sauce, mash and spinnach for dinner later, have had boiled eggs and toast for breakfast so a relaxing day intended.

Griff Batten down the hatches looks like Storm Jocelyn is coming a calling

Sue Glad all the trips are going smoothly any news on your tree yet?

Chris Bruises and heating pooe old Gary. How is your sister ding these days? Peoples friend my Mom Aunts and Nan used to have peoples friend every week, as well as the Christmas edition took me back, Thank you.

Brenda Thats a brilliant word not heard of it before I have been invited to a scrabble evening shortly will recall that word. Ta

Lynn Enjoy your garden centre trip what are you looking at getting?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2024, 02:18 PM
Looks like they are going to start thinking of building those houses in the car park behind me, men lurking around with cameras etc. so I am now looking up telescopic net curtain rods to fit the window and then some net curtains. I hate net curtains. I like looking out windows to see things. Good job it is the bedroom as I don't spend that much time in there during the day. Wet and grey here. Dismal. Never mind the book is good. Nora Roberts: Finding the Dream. (I wish).
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Well my nephew is travelling to Glasgow for work and will stay over night, at his first train change as the trains in Scotland are and being cancelled and will be stopped form 7pm tonight he and his colleagues will take the sensible choice and decided to stay put till Wed afternoon.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2024, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Looks like they are going to start thinking of building those houses in the car park behind me, men lurking around with cameras etc. so I am now looking up telescopic net curtain rods to fit the window and then some net curtains. I hate net curtains. I like looking out windows to see things. Good job it is the bedroom as I don't spend that much time in there during the day. Wet and grey here. Dismal. Never mind the book is good. Nora Roberts: Finding the Dream. (I wish).
Oh dear just close the bedroom door and ignore them could of been your living room side which would be hidious does anyone's flat have a reverse laylout if so poor them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2024, 03:45 PM
Fingers crossed Ben's quest for finding a space and walking to the station works out Sue.
Oh brenda what a shame, at least as you say it's the bedroom side.
A nice restful day Kazz.

I need a new bird bath but none of the garden centres had any so a couple of coffees out and a wander aimlessly around a couple of garden centres.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2024, 04:10 PM
So a nice wandering day then Lynn, I would like a new bird bath as well but have not seen anything I like when I see it in "person" I would not of said I am hard to please but seems what I want is not out there or is it not in the places I am going.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >