Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2024, 08:30 AM

Friday 12th January 2024

Morning all. Not a lot to say today. Nothing has changed except to say I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall with good hearing to know what was said between my husband and his older sister? Have a good day everyone.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2024, 08:40 AM
good morning all
Today and for the last few days Google added another account to my youtube channel. I have been trying to get rid of it for some time. eventually I had cancel my google account and restore it. That did the trick and got rid of the rogue one.

Now this morning we are having another tree surgeon company in to see if we can at last get something done about getting work done on the trees.
The other company seems to not respond to any emails so trying another one instead.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2024, 09:41 AM
Good morning Brenda hope you have a good day.

Damper this morning but not as cold. Teazle walked and housework done, As Barry said waiting for a tree surgeon to come. I won't respond as to why he has had no replies to his emails just think it better if I deal with it! On duty this afternoon as Ben has to take his car to the garage and may not be back in time for the pickup.

Take care everyone,
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2024, 10:27 AM
Morning brenda, Barry, Sue and all to follow.
The sun is trying to come out but it is damp and cold.

brenda this sounds like it is going to be very hard but stick to your guns you're entitled to whatever is left.
Sue I hope you have success with the new tree surgeon. I hope the on duty journeys are easy for you.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2024, 12:20 PM
Good afternoon all

Waiting for the electrician to come to fit a storage heater in the spare bedroom. It's surprising how much colder the house is when a heater in a spare room isn't working

We were lucky this morning and had an hour of sunshine while we were out and it was lovely. Mind you, the drizzle did catch up with us but it wasn't too bad.

I deal with most things these days Sue. Dave is far too ..... gruff? and it doesn't go down well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2024, 03:18 PM
Good afternoon all

Had a good mornings at work loads done (I do like being left alone) but managers must be seen to manage even if they are not qhat I would call managing productively. Being an ex manager myself I hope I was not this "have to be seen to" but times change.

Anyhow home had a coffee andd a sit down now on here for a little bit.

Chris You have a lovely family. Gald not to cold out for you this morining and yes is it not surprising how cold it gets when one room is "colder than the rest" even if not used my Dad used to say the fabiric of the house gets cold.

Brenda Whatever was said is irrelevant as you are still married. So no matter how out of joint her nose is put its not something she has control over.

Sue Duty called and you answered LOL Good luck to you both with the tree surgeon. Hoepfully sorte before the Spring and the nesting season and they don't cut back then.

Barry How strange to be given another account glad you got it sorted.

Lynn Did Gorden eventually get some peace yesterday?

Griff Remember to look after yourself as well as others.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2024, 03:45 PM
Hope the electrician has been Chrs and the room is toasty warm.
Your boy sounds like my two. Sons to be proud of.

Kazz eventually yes. It was my turn on duty last night and I had something similar. I wondered if the tinned food and cold pressed I am transitioning him onto as I have no idea what he will be fed after his breakfast here tomorrow so want to cover all eventualities.
Its not cheap food and meant to be one of the best and one a lot of raw feeders use if going away and have no freezer space.
So lunchtime he had the tinned and cold pressed for lunch and his raw for tea at 7 tonight and we will see what happens then.
He was so bad again this morning but has been a bit better after a long walk this morning and he has not long ago had another and is sleeping in the damp garden.
When he is like he is I question if we are doing the right thing, when we get the behaviour ramping up over the last two days and how hard it is to walk him I know we are doing the right thing because he is to much for us to handle sadly.

I just want it to be next Saturday, we are both dreading loading him onto the van he will travel in a crate but they can see him and he can see them.
Elaine did say after I asked no crate in his new home a large pen I think he could deal with if he needs time out we sometimes use a chair to pop him in a corner and he deals with that but a crate indoors I think it would start him fly snapping again and he would hurt himself trying to get out.
Should they bring the car ?
He may well fly snap again for a while if stressed when in his new home.
That diary is going with him and I have written everything I can think of in a nice notebook also to go with him.
There is a lot to go with him so we felt the van might be better. It will be a 2 to 2.5 hour journey.
Not sure how easy he will go in mind.

Fingers crossed Gorden gets a better night tonight. Brewster had been doing so well with sleeping, so no idea what the last two nights have been about.
The tinned and cold pressed at lunchtime so far doesn't seem to have affected him that was over 3 hours ago.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2024, 04:07 PM
Lynn think you have to trust they know what they are doing is Elaine coming over as well?

And of course did she not say he would hve interctive walks with his Mom thats should work well for him then his sister youngsters being active what he needs and hopefully the girls will put him in his place qucikly
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2024, 04:28 PM
Lynn I have spoken today a friend of mine well aquaintance who has just let go to their son the R.Ridgeback pup they took on he is now 11 months old Rob and Ruth are the other side of 65 and have decided he is simply too much dog for them now he is going to their son with the blessing of his breeder their son lost his Dobe before Christmas as they all feel this is the right choice and the pup Lionel will fit right in with their son and his lifestyle and as Ruth said he has the youth energy to cope with him, and is well used to large dogs as they have always has R.Ridgeback Dobes Rotties etc.

Ruth said it hit hard when they realised they physically could not cope especially since Robs fall and his broken ribs when the pup was about 4/5 months she feels Rob took a step back and the pup toook a step forward. She feels also she has let the side down as she has always been the one to do the training even running classes. But Rob wanted another dog after their last R.Ridgeback died before covid would be just what they needed She thinks they should of stopped when they lost Suzie but her husbamd persuaded her he is home and now retired (ex police officer)and they got Lionel
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2024, 04:34 PM
I trust Elaine and Andy and he will be living very close to them which makes us feel a little easier about the situation.
Elaine and Andy are coming over and their daughter will pop in and check on Izzy mum and Zeena the sister.
He has to wait a couple of weeks before walking with mum she is in season and Elaine won't walk him with Zeena yet as she is a live wire and Brewster still has to be extra careful with the shoulder and he does get stiff on the right hip still.
That is what he needs a couple of females to put him back in his box when needed.
It's the initial saying goodbye and him worrying about going in the crate in the van and him possibly crying as he goes.
I know I will be as hard as I will try not to till he is gone.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >