Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2024, 08:38 AM

Thursday 11th January 2024

Morning all. Well the sun is shining and I have been out already to pst a crad to husband. Bumped into the landlord, not literally. Spoke to him, he is such a nice chap. Also the guy who came yesterday to service the boiler. He came with another guy. Both nice and worked well together. They found a cracked pipe and replaced it. Anyway hope you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2024, 10:07 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Chilly but dry here today.

Poor Gorden has been up since 2.30 Brewster has just been awake and full of naughty antics.
He was still at it when I got up and has sort of settled now after a walk.
We realise more and more every day we are too old to handle him.
Gorden says if he was a human child he would be diagnosed with ADHD.
I really hope he settles and learns better behaviour in his new home. If not I'm not sure what the outcome for him will be.
We cannot think of anything different we have done except last night I gave him wet food with cold pressed I am having to transition him for at least one meal daily incase he doesn't fed raw where he goes.

brenda it is nice you get on so well with your landlord.

To everyone else have a good day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2024, 10:38 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

How nice to have a good landlord Brenda. Enjoy your day

Lynn I do feel sorry for you both but at the end of the day you have done nothing wrong it is just that circumstances got in the way of his training and he now seems to be taking full advantage of if. Hugs,

I too know that Teazle will be my last dog as like you Lynn my patience is not as good. Lovely sunny morning here but very cold. Tazle walked, washing done and on radiators and airer, some inside windows cleaned and one kitchen cupboard. Now coffee time

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2024, 12:37 PM
Sounds like you need that coffee Sue.

He is still on the go.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2024, 02:00 PM
Good afternoon all

Just our same old, same old today but we always enjoy it (despite the cold)

I suddenly went deaf in my right ear two days ago. I'm assuming a build up of was but never had this before. On the second day of over the counter drops, but no improvement. If it's the same tomorrow, I'll book a doctor's appointment for them to take a look

I think I'm slowly dropping to bits. Left eye I see wobbly lines, right eye is very, very blurred and now my ear has stopped working. Isn't old age grand
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2024, 03:39 PM
Word for today: Dongle, I bet we all know what that is? Have a good rest of the afternoon peeps and evening. In a quandarry tonight, do I watch Grantchester or Darby and Joan meaning I miss half of Emmerdale. Decisions, decisions. bg!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2024, 04:41 PM
Good afternoon all

Been to work and now home again.

I am only just 60 but I will not have another dog I am asked/questioned regularly but I totally enjoy the freedom of coming and going as I please. I had plans to have G for another 7-8 years that would of been me then done but as it turns out ended much sooner than I ever envisioned and cannot see myself with a pup or put myself through having an older dog. I am happy to dog sit, dog watch, even dog walk if needed for friends.

Brenda Not watched Darby and Joan meant to though looked good, have recorded True love but not watched yet.

Sue The duracell bunny has nothing on you. LOL

Chris Old age as the saying goes is better than the alternative. Cold weather is bracing. LOL It can take a while for ear drops to work if fully blocked I think I was told about a week.

Lynn You are doing the right thing. Hope Gorden gets a little bit of rest.

Griff Hope all is good with you did the physcatrist was it meeting your MOm went to help with her eating? or do you think some of this is down to stress or the living situation?

Have a good afternoon all back shortly. Baked mini potatoes with garlic butter Sea Bass and peas for dinner.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-01-2024, 05:05 PM
Glad you enjoyed your time out Chris. I hope the ear clears soon.
Ongle brenda well you have me stumped.
Kazz we should have said the same as you and indeed we did when we knew Dillon wasn't much longer for this world.
I should have been much firmer with Gorden on getting a puppy.
He says he feels worse than I do as he is the one who cannot get control of him which has now led us to this awful gut wrenching decision.

Lesson learnt. The only dog we will have now if needed is Boo. I will be leaving the Bernese forums as of Saturday.
Tea sounds lovely.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2024, 05:21 PM
I left Staffie groups could not bear to around what I could not have or look at the sob/sad stories and be tempted.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2024, 06:00 PM
Most definitely better than the alternative, Kazz

I was adamant no more dogs, but Dave made the decision and my son stepped up and said he'd have any dog if anything happened to us so Ted came into our lives. I'd just and I mean just lost my brother and Dave decided that a dog would help with the grief.

Ted's been a real challenge, but he is settling now and I wouldn't be without him, but who knows if it was the right decision. For now yes, and knowing my youngest will look after him if we pop off is reassuring.

Mind you he is 3 kgs so 6 and a half pounds to far easier to control that a 50 kg puppy. I think if he had been bigger, we may have made the same decision as you Lynn
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >