Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 07:20 AM

Thursday 4th January 2024

Morning all. Hope you had a good day yesterday. Wow did we have some rain down here all of a sudden, torrential, and then it cleared up by the afternoon. Things are slowly getting sorted. Apparently the hospital are waiting to find a placement in a care home. Not sure where. Hope it isn't to far away. Anyway Margaret my very best friend came over yesterday as usual as it being a Wednesday and dry for the bus journey for her and we had a good natter. Hope you all have a good day today.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-01-2024, 11:22 AM
little known knowledge. There is a time difference around the world for one good reason. If everyone got up at the same time the world would not be balanced. Imagine everyone going to work at the same time may cause the world to tip over or even spin faster. Logic comes to the forfront yet again.:
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 01:46 PM
Good afternoon all

What a gorgeous day. Sun shining and quite mild for February. We all enjoyed our morning jaunt

Funnily enough, despite the sunshine, not many people were out today (just as we like it)

We are watching the Mr Bates vs the Post Office story on TV each night this week and it's really showing just how disgraceful the whole thing was and still is in a lot of cases. Poor people
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2024, 01:47 PM
Afternoon brenda, Barry and all to follow.
Dry here and we have had some sun.
We walked to Tesco for a few bits so Brewster was left for around an hour on his own.
No damage he had scratched the rug up slightly which made it difficult to get in the middle door but that was all.

Glad things are getting sorted brenda and that you had a nice time with Margaret.
There was me thinking the alcohol was the problem of me feeling a bit lopsided Barry.

Hoping everyone is ok and having a good day.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Um I thought the world was flat and isn't it January Chris? lol!! If I was rofl then I would just fall off? Raining here but the forecast is for sunnier weather but colder. Much prefered by me.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 03:50 PM
Oops! I don't know where that came from. You are quite right Brenda - January it is
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 04:27 PM
Afternoon all
Brenda, hope your husband gets a placement soon, mum got chucked in a care home when she came out of hospital...I found that hilarious but not nearly so funny as the fact she was put on the geriatric ward at 62 years old!
Lynn, I think I will use Barry's theory for excusing me when I am drunk
Chris, hope Gary is soon sorted with social services and we too are watching mr bates and the post office.... it's absolutely bloody disgusting what happened and is still happening to those poor people.
I have apparently been referred to Oxford....I had a call from one of the partners at the Dr regarding my complaint, he tried his best to cover for her but I think he realised it was indefensible.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-01-2024, 04:59 PM
Lets fast forward to March Chris we would be expecting warmer weather by then.
Oxford griff that's a long way. Fingers crossed this is sorted soon and to your satisfaction in all ways.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 05:29 PM
Good afternoon all

Been a thinking few days, but nothing decided. However not life changing so will wait till I decide.

Been out for "unexpected" breakfast with a friend and now waiting for the beef joint I had taken out to defrost to finish roasting sometimes you have to lend an ear.

My eldest niece Kate is getting married on the 22nd Jan so very pleased and the next in line Jack and Sophie are 30 on the 21st not sure where the time has gone. So been to florist to order Sophies birthday flowers. Other than that not a lot done a uick catch up with my sister who is not sure if she is afoot or horseback with the birthdays and wedding in this month. Apparently I am roped into something willl find out what shortly I expect.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2024, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all. Hope you had a good day yesterday. Wow did we have some rain down here all of a sudden, torrential, and then it cleared up by the afternoon. Things are slowly getting sorted. Apparently the hospital are waiting to find a placement in a care home. Not sure where. Hope it isn't to far away. Anyway Margaret my very best friend came over yesterday as usual as it being a Wednesday and dry for the bus journey for her and we had a good natter. Hope you all have a good day today.

Glad things are getting sorted and expect Margaret was a great listening board.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >