View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2021, 12:46 AM
Totally agree Chris, nobody should feel pressured into traveling anywhere and certainly not if you are shielding. If it were me, I would be contacting the service manager and if no joy from them, the dealer principal and if that didn't work if they are part of a group...(I worked for a land rover dealership and when I left we were part of the guy salmon group) I would be getting in touch with the head office for the group. I think what companies fail to remember is that customer service is still important...had they delayed your service for you, you would be singing their praises...as it is, you feel angry ( rightly so) and probably would look for somewhere else to have your vehicle repaired or to purchase another vehicle from....and likewise, previously you may have recommended them and now probably won't.
Our dealership was pretty good with customers, our valeters used to travel all over the country to pick up vehicles for service....they would fly to Scotland and drive vehicles back, if a customer was angry, the company would try their best to appease them, it might be giving them a mug, teddy for the kids, a discount on parts/labour or sending flowers. I couldn't tell you how many times I fitted bulbs or headlights for free or bumper end caps and my fave....number plates, aerials and mirrors after the wife had taken the kids to the safari park and the monkeys had been at the car lol. One service manager moaned to the parts manager and said I shouldn't be doing it for free but we made him understand that although he might be losing £10, £20,£30 he would be making a lot more as they would come back to us time and time again and word of mouth would create business....sad to say that companies don't see the bigger picture now
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-02-2021, 01:40 PM
Kelly - "sad to say that companies don't see the bigger picture now"

You are right, especially the bigger companies.

I feel lucky as out local garage boss has offered to pick up our car from the from gate on his way home, he has to come along our road (I leave the keys in agreed place) next day he does the work and drops it off the same way, saves him time as he has the car from early next day and he has to go past our place and of course very good for us.

He only has a small business and is suffering in the pandemic but I hope he can continue.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3