Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2010, 11:57 AM

Being 'drawn' to a dog

Has anyone ever looked on a rescue site or for sale site and just been drawn to a certain dog,and even though it's not practical you try to think of reasons why it would be practical to get another?

Tell me I'm not alone
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I did that once... Oliver arrived not long after wouldn't change him for the world - he's ace
danielle0211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Yes I experience this daily - I really must stop looking at rescue sites!!
Their is a rotti bitch at the rescue that I passed a homecheck with who just keeps playing on my mind but I really cant get another dog until I get a bigger house - or could I? lol
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I do that too, am now banned from looking, by OH. He would bring all the dogs home
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Happens every day, and they're usually 10 years old or more - if only I had unlimited funds !
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Humm.....I get very drawn to dogs generally - does not have to be online - although that has happened as well.
more often it happens when I see them.......
Tassle was an Instant - I knew that 3 from the litter had been chosen, but not which 3 - I walked in and said I want that one. It was instant.
Trip kind of hits you - but thats not just me

Zeff was similar - but I fought that one (for a whole 2 hours)
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2010, 12:43 PM
I try not to look at those sites as I find them too upsetting. But, yes, it is usually the worst looking, scraggy sad-eyed dog that my heart goes out to!
montysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Not online, but wiith Monty, my last dog, I knew from the second I saw him that he was the one for me.

I went to the RSPCA (just for a look and not really intending to get a puppy that day) and he and his Mum and the rest of the litter were all in their pen. All his brothers and sisters were doing the usual puppy thing - having a bit of a playfight, barking a bit and generally being mischevious.

Monty was sitting by the door of the pen, not joining in the fun at all, and as I walked up he put one of his little paws up to the grill of the door and just looked at me.

I know it makes me sound like an idiot, but I just felt he was asking me to pick him, and that's what I did, although I knew he would grow into a bigger dog than I was really looking for!

I had to wait for him to get to 8 weeks, during which time someone broke in and stole some of his littermates, but fortunately they didn't get him.

Despite all the problems with his health, I never regretted going with my instinct, because he was a wonderful dog.
Devilica
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-08-2010, 01:36 PM
I already owned 2 sick CKCS and spent two months watching the site and trying to convince myself I could'nt take on another problem dog. But something about him spoke to me... Then I gave up and wrote to the housing association for permission to house him.... Leo has been with us for 18 months now. He has come a long way in that time. He was terrified, matted, totally blind and had to have one eye removed. He would cower and hide and fear bite. Now he is quite the big brave boy ( mostly) and we couldnt imagine life without him. If you can afford to keep another one without your others losing out.... and have the time to give them everything they need.... then why not?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I do, and did on here ''Dogsey''.....wasn't even looking for another Border Collie, I was determined to have a JRT.
Then Liverbird showed the photo's of Tess in the rescue kennels and the rest is history
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >