Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Should I let him go on holiday?

hi

i cant make up my mind,im being a paranoid anxious mum

a friend is going to the isle of white camping from Thursday till Sunday...she wants to take my Blue (13 year wsd)

now she is a dogwalker and is insured,i walk every eve with her (with tupac and flea)

blue has no hangups,is used to camping,isn't stiff for his age,really good recall(will work for anyone if I'm not there)..only thing is i think his eyesight isn't as great as it once was(thought someone else was me till i called him the other day lol,but she was there and knows that) she also knows she will have to be his brains for him,as he still thinks hes a spring chook

thing is Ive only ever left blue once before for 3 days(and that was with my ex that lived here)

im sure he would love the individual attention he would get...but what if something happened? i would never forgive myself..oh what to do
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Layla if you have doubts, of any kind I would say stick with them, and keep Blue with you.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Trust your initial instincts. x
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 10:30 PM
It's entirely up to you. If you're going to worry about him the whole time he's away then don't do it. I'm sure your friend will understand.
Personally, and this is only my choice, I don't let anyone take my dogs out except me and my hubby. It's only because we know them better than anyone.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Don't know if this will help but I would not let mine go.
bolty boy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2010, 11:05 PM
I wouldnt let mine go,I wont have anyone but the hubby or me take him out! Mines a good boy and Ive no doubt that he would behave well for others but I would spend the whole time fretting! Like has been said before,follow your gut feeling.....Im sure your friend will understand if you decide its a no go!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Hi,

I agree with the other posters.

Also, why does your friend want to take your dog away? Even if he would enjoy it, what about your other dogs? Can they go too? What about you? Can you go?

I find it strange that someone would ask something like this. I have friends who I would trust with my dogs but I wouldn't allow them to be taken off on holiday without me.

Go with what you feel is best for you and your dogs.

Laura xx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Personally I wouldn't let him go... but thats because I don't like anyone (apart from my mum) looking after my dogs... I wouldn't even put mine in boarding kennels as I need to be with mine and would rather not go on holiday, but that is me..
It is up to you hun, but like the others have said, if the doubts are there...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2010, 07:28 AM
My answer is the same as the othes, it would be no here too!!
Saffy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2010, 07:35 AM
Just my penny's worth.

I wouldn't let anyone take mine away...but that's only because no-one can look after my babies as good as me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >