View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 04:45 PM

PLease help with error message on starting up pc???

Hoping some of you technical peeps can help me.
When I switch PC on I t starts to booyt up then I get a message that says Sec Slave Drive
ATAPI Incompatible
Press F1 to continue.

When I press F1 it does boot up ok, but what is all that about and how do I fix it???

Thanks
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2007, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Hoping some of you technical peeps can help me.
When I switch PC on I t starts to booyt up then I get a message that says Sec Slave Drive
ATAPI Incompatible
Press F1 to continue.

When I press F1 it does boot up ok, but what is all that about and how do I fix it???

Thanks
You need to go into the BIOS Setup and set the Secondary Master to CD-Rom. It sounds as if it's expecting a hard drive. It should be in the "Standard CMOS" section or something similar.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
You need to go into the BIOS Setup and set the Secondary Master to CD-Rom. It sounds as if it's expecting a hard drive. It should be in the "Standard CMOS" section or something similar.

Thanks Fred

It was simpler than that it was my own stuppidity (no shock there!!) I had both my DVDRW and my CDRW set to slave!! ie no master. Which was easily solved by reading instructions and changing jumper thing on back of DVDRW!!!

Just need to figure out why the bl**dy thing doesnt record onto dvd and I will be sorted!!

Thanks again though

Lynne