Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catsinc
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2006, 04:22 PM

advice please

i have been offered a golden labxhusky?pup 8weeks old.she is lovely but i have no idea what to expect re temperment suitability to me and floss and the cats and a 7year old.i work about 5hours a day mind so prob not fair really,i can forsee me having to take her in as the owner wants rid,if only to foster her.if any1 has any info or knows of any1 who might want her.please let me know.i am south wales
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Have you seen the sire and dam ? You should get a good idea of their temprements........it will possibly give you a rough indication as to your pups temprement,Why don't you have a read up on both breeds to find out their needs and suitability to you.
I would imagine being a Labador/Husky cross, as it grows it would be a dog that requires a reasonable amount of excercise and attention to avoid boredom and being destructive,and plenty of ongoing training,
Shame that she has bred a litter.... and as you put it, 'now wants rid'............some people....
Hope the pup finds a good home-whatever you decide x
catsinc
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2006, 10:04 PM
the person with the puppy didnt breed it she was given it as a present,stinking dirty and full of worms!and only 7weeks old.i havent seen the parents i presumed it was a lab at first as it looks like 1 but with a funny fluffy coat lol.i have looked up the characteristics of the husky and it did say stubborn not really a let off the lead type of dog,easily bored etc i wonder if the lab temp would take over though??mmmmmmmmm i have a springer here not sure a stay on lead dog and her would mix