Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-05-2005, 07:07 PM

emergency or what?

My oldest son stood on Finns back leg earlier on tonight He is limping and wont put any weight on it at all. There is no swelling and he is happy for me to touch it. I phoned the vet and they said if its not better bring him in, in the morning.

Well in the last hour it seems worse he is hardly walking about now. Im undecided whether it is classed as an emergency as he is happy in himself and eating, drinking and playing.

What do you think?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I would take him in Carole, if only to put your mind at rest.
Carole
Supervisor

24-05-2005, 07:13 PM
thats what I was thinking Hevvur but I thought I was over reacting. I need to wait til OH finishes work tonight though
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 07:14 PM
I would see if he would stand on it. Maybe with a little help from you.

And if he´s not in pain while you touch it and seems happy as useall, I would wait
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 07:14 PM
aww hope hes ok caz ..sometimes its just a dead leg though but youre right getting him checked out
Carole
Supervisor

24-05-2005, 07:18 PM
he will stand on it just has trouble walking around on it. It has not stopped him eating and he has just gone to sleep after a half hour wrestle with Star
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 07:20 PM
When Ally fel down from the tree after having nicked apples (dont ask ) she was limping badly. I rushed to the vet and was being told (after x-rays) to keep her calm and on painkillers for a couple of days. It did the trick.

You may have to get your vet to check him out but I wouldnt call it an emergency. But thats just opinion of course
Carole
Supervisor

24-05-2005, 07:23 PM
our vet has already told me to come in tomorrow at 9am if he is still limping. Still undecided. Might phone again and see what they say.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Hope he'll be OK Carole.
When a previous staffie pup reacted to a vaccination (temperature & shaking) our vet friend (ie. a friend who happenes to be a vet but not OUR vet) said to give half an aspirin. But I know there will be people who jump straight on me and say NO - no human medicine for dogs. So, I couldn't recommend that to ease the pain, although I might consider it for myself.
If he's not reacting to you touching I hope that means it's OK.
Our previos staff fell downstairs and broke her elbow. She SCREAMED and you know what stoics staffies are. If Finn isn't squeaking I hope that's a good sign and you can leave him & get it checked up in the morning.
xx
Carole
Supervisor

24-05-2005, 07:58 PM
thanks DM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »