View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Go to www.photobucket.com and make an account, then follow the instructions and upload your pictures. When your pictures have uploaded there are three links underneath them and one says img link - click and copy, then paste onto the thread...

Or... pm me and I'll add them for you
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 10:47 AM
I think it looks like a puncture wound, if it was a scratch would she have needed plastic surgery ? looks like the tooth dragged then took hold at the bottom where the hole is, its a nasty one whatever it is...wouldn't need to have been a rottie that did it, if it was any of our kids with a mark like that we'd be going OTT too...
Glad the Rottie was spared though xx
M Pearson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-07-2008, 01:41 PM
The wound was stopped from healing by the surgery it was i quote by the judge not needed. and he saw before and after photos also the larger area was opened to a certain level to ensure no nerve damage.
I understand that people not involved dirrectly in the case can only use the information that they are given and yes my husband and i choose not to speak, so yes this is our fault but please dont judge until you know the facts as its not fair to bully and the reputation of rotties.
Kindest Regards
Michelle and Bully.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
wow another damn the rottie type media hype, I have to say, rotties can cause some serious scratches with there feet,
Nero got a sore one from tegan on his tummy a few weeks ago, {he encourages them to get all happy playful when he comes over} bad move,
I think he now knows why I tell him off for it,

Im just so glad this dog is to be spared,

were it a bite there would be multiple tooth holes, I have to say its a scratch, a nasty one but just a scratch
Had it been a bit i'd have expected a LOT or bruising going from bites I have had even without skin being broken, they don't half bruise.

Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
And let's face it, how likely is it that the dogs nails were kept at a reasonable length?

Dogs use their paws to instigate play all the time, they don't even seem to realise they have nails on the end which can scratch. Sounds like a balanced decision was made, well done to the judge I say.
Maddy has really sharp claws when they have just been clipped they are especially sharp and could easily cut flesh.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by M Pearson View Post
Hello all before i introduce myself i would like to introduce my dog his name is BULLY and he is a Rottie and has had alot of presence in the media at present. Due to a court case that we have been directly involved in.
There is alot that has not been said or been kept quiet to make this STORY sound better in the media.
Myself and my husband have been found not negligent and Bully did not bite Chloe he pushed her away from her mom and accidently caught her with his paw and dew claw.
Thank you for listening.
Michelle Pearson
Welcome to the group, I can definitely see how it is a claw mark and the main cut from the dew, so happy for you that you still have him and well done in fighting for him, he's lucky to be owned by yourselves.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Welcome to dogsey,M pearson, I did not intend any digs at Bully or yourselves and I do apologise if you felt that from my post...I am really pleased he was saved, it must have been so worrying for you all xx
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi Michelle, welcome

I think you can see by the responses that the general consensus here to the typically unnecessarily dramatic press photo is that it was clearly a claw injury, not a bite, and certainly does`nt look like anything but accidental to me.
Anyone looking at it fairly will certainly not be judging your lad in a bad light

Sadly a lot of parents in such instances seem to develop a belief that a dog has bitten when they have done nothing of the sort, it`s as though emotion completely changes what they see with their own eye`s and it`s usually the dog who pays the price for it
Thank goodness your lad did finally get a fair hearing from a judge who is`nt a numpty
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Good and fair judgment here,I once knew a wee boy who had a dog jump up and scratch his face too.The boy ended up loosing his sight,the dog wasn't pts either as the parents didn't see a need to do so,xxxxxxxxx
M Pearson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Sorry Inkliveeva...............
I did not mean for you to think that i was jumping on you i have had to keep quiet for so long and being 4 months pregnant i do tend to jump first then think later....

I am sorry i have reolised i am amongst friends....

Please forgive me?????

If anyone does have any questions they would like to ask i will be happy to answer in between TV and Photobucket...LOL

Kindest Regards

Michelle and Bully.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Hi Michelle,

Can I use your quote in a dog blog I write? It's not seen by many but would be great if you could get your story across. Obviously I'll only do this with permission Thanks.

Also - I'm in Sheffield too, notably, the other side of Sheffield (Crookes), would be fantastic to join you and Bully for a walk one day if you wanted to

Congratulations on the pregnancy.
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »