Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2023, 08:06 AM

Squirrel Saturday 2nd December 2023

Morning peeps. Well it is very frosty here and chilly. Hope you all had a good day yesterday and will have one today. So, continuing the theme, On the second day of Christmas I was given a squirrel and a fruit bat.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2023, 09:22 AM
Morning Brenda and all to follow on.

Frosty here and cold but hey its December so what do I expect. Had a lovely family cousin meal out yesterday and sitting here with a coffee debating not the World as such but what I shall do in it today. The jury I have to say is still out on that one.

Brenda I did put my thinking cap on but think it slipped a little, have you heard the version of the 12 days of Christmas by Frank Kelly I really enjoy it very funny.

Chris Glad you are both now on the mend with Christmas racing into the picture quickly - when does you driver and co driver arrive laden with parcels?

Sue Yeah day off don't tell me you are sitting down with your feet up

Griff Hope all is good with you and yours

Lynn Ditto the above
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2023, 09:34 AM
Good morning Brenda and Kazz

Good title Brenda

Have a good day Kazz. Pleased you enjoyed your cousin meal yesterday

Very cold and thick frost here. Teazle walked and had a tidy up round feet and face. Ben asked me to pick Maria uo from gymnastices this afternoon and bring back here then Ben will pick her up. Expect family will be in tow so no doubt food will be asked for. Still no further ahead with finding the right car but onwards and upwards. Mist do a food shop on Monday and cupboards a a bit bare

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2023, 01:00 PM
Yep it means squirreling away things so kids don't find hidden items by Santa.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2023, 02:00 PM
Afternoon, brenda, Kazz, Sue and all to follow.
We took Brewster for his walk sadly that hip isn't looking good at the moment, he is finding it hard on the way home.
It might help if he stopped pulling like a steam train and walked a bit more sedately.
We have given in and have a Balto hip brace coming for him it will help compress the hips and it warms them to help blood flow and fingers crossed eventually we can walk him further to build the muscle up without him being in pain and limping and eventually the hips will sort themselves.
The consultant mentioned nothing about hydro for him and I am sure somewhere along the way he said it wouldn't be good for the shoulder healing.
So fingers crossed the £123 hip brace works.
So many things against him lack of exercise leading to muscle atrophy and yet we have to get that shoulder well so he can start getting back to normal.
Keeping him down when either of us comes home is virtually impossible he does himself no favours.
I have a very strong feeling he is going to have awful hips,elbows and shoulders as he gets older.

I have been shopping it is foggy and very very cold here, I am glad to be back in the warm , just walking across the car park was enough.

brenda I thought of Swan.
Kazz glad you had a lovely day.
Sue busy as usual.
griff I hope your day is going well.
Chris I hope it wasn't to cold for breakfast.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2023, 05:02 PM
Afternoon all
Cold here, popped and got Steve some battery lights for his garden, he is being a miserable sh*t and refusing to put anything up...he wants to watch he doesn't get home to find his house covered in tinsel
Glad to hear you had a nice time with your cousins Kazz.....I would rather stick pins in my eyes than go near mine lol.
I really hope the support helps Brewster Lynn, would hydro help him when his shoulder has fully healed?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2023, 05:44 PM
Steve really doesn't like Christmas then ?

Possibility griff, I am convinced it is mostly down to lack of exercise and muscle atrophy due to that, also that is the leg they put the catheter in as he wasn't letting them anywhere near front legs, I wonder did it get pulled around plus he had x-rays done on hips so that might not help due to positioning.
Last week a little dog was in his front garden and barked at him, on the way home the dog had gone in but he bolted past and pulled round to the side.
He really does himself no favours.
Last resort to help hopefully is to brace the hips in the hopes it allows him to walk further before going lame on that leg, we are going to do at least two much shorter walks and hopefully build the muscle up gradually.
It seems one step forward or in his case now 2 steps forward and one back.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2023, 06:34 PM
Good evening all

Blooming freezing again this morning and so very icy. Saw many folk having near misses of falling on the ice.

Lynn, the cafe is enclosed on three sides so usually out of the wind. It's quite warm in there believe it or not when the sun is shining and you're dressed for the arctic

We couldn't go on the front today though as the ramp was iced over and it's steepish so it would have been too dangerous with the scooters

Have you thought about getting one of those big prams for Brewster Lynn so he could walk a bit and ride a bit?

Christmas decorations up. Ted is now contemplating how to get up on the coffee table to pee up the tree
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2023, 07:10 PM
We might have seen you on the news Chris if you had attempted the ramp. Glad the cafe is warm even when it's cold outside.

We have one Chris he barely fits in it and its the largest you can get, he hates it if you zip it up he really struggles with any form of confinement.
Not sure why he has never been confined not at the breeders or ours.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2023, 07:18 PM
Oh that's a shame Lynn. With Rosie, I used to let her walk on the grass verge and when the verge ran out, up on my knee she came. Before the scooter, I had a pram for her. She didn't 'love' it, but she did get used to it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >