Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 11:17 PM

Just want a wee grumble

Over the past couple of years I've noticed my fingers getting stiffer, especially in the mornings, takes a couple of times flexing to get them to unstiffen and stop being sore, I've lived with it and put it down to RSI as I have worked with keyboards pretty much since I left school and almost solidly for 11 years in the call centre.

Well over the last month or so it's gotten to the point where my right hand won't grip properly, my forefinger is especially painful and I've had to take painkillers, I've got a Doctors appointment but I'm getting worried, tonight I lost the grip of a teaspoon while I was getting the teabag out to put in a cup. It just fell out of my hand...it's never happened before. I've lost grip on things but usually when I'm trying to juggle twenty things at the same time or my hands are wet or oily. Not for no reason. Also lids are becoming a problem, I can't seem to grip smaller lids.

Hoping it's not arthritis, it might be just I've pulled something and I'm over-reacting, but Dad has Rheumatoid Arthritis and it worries me a little cause he's been told he'll end up in a wheelchair.
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2012, 05:58 AM
It must make you feel a bit worried but at least you have a doctors appointment and hopefully get it sorted. Take care.