Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2011, 06:05 PM
OK, I promise no more...

MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh he's absolutely beautiful ..........do you still have him? I do miss my chap still, even though he died years ago; don't miss the work though

I was thinking about this thread this afternoon (how sad is that ) and actually ended up feeling very sorry for the OP. At first, I was almost sure that it was a wind up and someone would eventually pop up and say "hah, fooled you", but as it went on and on this was clearly not the case. So that leaves a sort of watered down Walter Mitty character, who perhaps is desperate to win approval and respect but doesn't quite have the necessary beans to carry it off. There was a girl at primary school with my daughter (a VERY long time ago ) who was not popular for various reasons; she started to claim that she had ponies and chickens and had this gadget and that toy, and went to fantastic places during the hols - you name it, she made it up, and it was mostly a conglomeration of what the other children had. In a small village, this was not clever because she was proved a liar time and time again without anyone even trying, but it didn't stop her wild claims and fantasies.

I think that the OP here is rather similar, and even though she was fighting a losing battle with her stories, she carried on in the hope that someone would like her and be impressed. As I said before, if this is the case then I do feel sorry for her and hope that she can gain self esteem in the normal, more accepted way.

Just my thoughts.....I may be wrong.
That girl sounds just like my younger sister (the youngest of 5 children), who still, at 17 years old lies TERRIBLY. She told a family friend that our mum slept with her boyfriend! (firstly, she did not have a boyfriend, and secondly, mum does have a boyfriend). She is seriously messed up in the head.

That isn't you, is it Megan???
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
That girl sounds just like my younger sister (the youngest of 5 children), who still, at 17 years old lies TERRIBLY. She told a family friend that our mum slept with her boyfriend! (firstly, she did not have a boyfriend, and secondly, mum does have a boyfriend). She is seriously messed up in the head.

That isn't you, is it Megan???
It's an attention seeking thing isn't it.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:20 PM
I think that the OP here is rather similar, and even though she was fighting a losing battle with her stories, she carried on in the hope that someone would like her and be impressed. As I said before, if this is the case then I do feel sorry for her and hope that she can gain self esteem in the normal, more accepted way.
I quite agree, having had similar experiences elsewhere with someone who also had a Walter Mitty complex. This person had been a popular member for quite some time and had fooled everyone, including great detail about emigrating with their animals, settling in, getting a new puppy and much more. They were found out when pics were posted of 'the new puppy' which had been taken from Google images and were several years old. [Although I had suspicions beforehand, as I knew for a fact one of the pets they had supposedly emigrated with, were banned in the new country.]

Unfortunately a lot of people were deeply upset when the deception was unmasked, as the person had claimed to have gone through a difficult personal experience which had generated sympathy and understanding among members but which, of course, was fabrication. So yes - sad for the person who feels the need to gild the lily, but also sad for those who are taken in.

Anyhoo, I think I shall stock up on some of this!

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:21 PM

ps..........black pudding? YEUUUUUUUUCHHHHH!
How can we possibly take you seriously when you admit to not liking black pudding?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:24 PM
I LOVE the Troll spray, In fact I think I want to steal it and put any message I like on it..............
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Fantastic troll spray!! Does it have to be applied once a month, and does it remove ALL trolls or just some?

Nippy - my husband adores black pudding, and I actually cannot stay in the same room when he is eating it. It is grosseroony
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:30 PM
I still think this is someone who needs help.
Malicious trolls keep track of their story and feed the flames, which this one didn`t.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:30 PM
MM, I think a number of people were stung on this site a few years ago. Which could explain C&Ds question to the OP about knowing someone with horses and land.
Forgive me if I'm wrong Claire.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I still think this is someone who needs help.
Malicious trolls keep track of their story and feed the flames, which this one didn`t.
I quite agree with you - she was looking for approval, friends, admiration, and respect. Things which for whatever reason she perhaps lacks in her life. What a shame that she didn't just post as herself.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
MM, I think a number of people were stung on this site a few years ago. Which could explain C&Ds question to the OP about knowing someone with horses and land.
Forgive me if I'm wrong Claire.
This happened on a genealogists forum a few years back......many very kind and caring people were left hurt and confused, and with a suspicious element to their nature that was never there before.
Page 43 of 54 « First < 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 53 > Last »