Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by nickix2 View Post
i have got homes for the pups actually proberbly too many homes than pups i will be making sure they are good homes and if for any reason there is still pups left i would keep them there is no way i would send them to a resuce home
Excellent, well done you ;o)

So what's the news on the vets situation, as per my post?

Em
nickix2
New Member!
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:40 AM
she is going back to the vets next friday if she hasnt had them by then if she has then i will get the vet to come out and check them anyway to make sure all is well and they get what they need so will talk to the vet about it then. we are hoping to keep one and the reason why i decided to just let her have one litter is because alot of advise i have had is to let her have one litter before i get her spayed.i dont intend to carry on breeding her in the future.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:47 AM
i have got homes for the pups actually proberbly too many homes than pups i will be making sure they are good homes and if for any reason there is still pups left i would keep them there is no way i would send them to a resuce home
What if your bitch has a large litter? I remember my old gundog trainers Springer bitch having a litter of 11. Someone saying that they want a pup in good spirits and someone actually going ahead and getting a pup are two different things. Time wasters can be a real problem, even for reputable breeders. Can you honestly cope with (potentially) 3 or 4 16 week old puppies that didn't sell that are tearing your house apart? people tend to be more savvy these days about where they purchase a pup from and what to look for (health testing, good breeding lines, etc.), so this is a very real possibility.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Glad you have homes for them, to be honest its a lot of poppy cock that its better for them to have a litter
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:50 AM
she is going back to the vets next friday if she hasnt had them by then if she has then i will get the vet to come out and check them anyway to make sure all is well and they get what they need so will talk to the vet about it then. we are hoping to keep one and the reason why i decided to just let her have one litter is because alot of advise i have had is to let her have one litter before i get her spayed.i dont intend to carry on breeding her in the future.
This is very poor advice. Can you imagine how dire the dog over population would be (far more dire than it already is!) if everyone with a bitch decided to have 'just one litter'? it doesn't bear thinking about.
nickix2
New Member!
Female 

16-10-2009, 08:56 AM
i actually saw one springer on you tube that had a litter of 13 i have emails off people lining up for one plus 3 close friends but i will be cheaking on the people on the emails to make sure they are decent people who love dogs as much as we do so they get looked after properly and i will also give the people advise that you lot have given me on here. and as for having a house full of dogs i have proper kennels in my garden with 10 ft runs and a heat lamp not that they stay in there all day either.when i am in they go in or out i also have a big garden. so i will make sure all my puppies are looked after either with me or with there new homes
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 09:05 AM
I know someone with Springers who thought exactly like you..But they liked the money they "earned" so much from the first litter..they had a second..which resulted in the bitch dying 3wks after whelping and also 2 of the pups dying and one being very ill!

Are both your dogs KC reg?? do you intend to register the pups??
If so I hope you got permission from their breeders and any restrictions lifted!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Ok......

Think I'll bow out of this one, I have some soup I need to season!
I know what you mean BUT it`s amazing how the old wives tales survive so the debate is a good one. Probably not for an Introductions thread though! (Anyone want to start a new thread?)
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 10:15 AM
i actually saw one springer on you tube that had a litter of 13 i have emails off people lining up for one plus 3 close friends but i will be cheaking on the people on the emails to make sure they are decent people who love dogs as much as we do so they get looked after properly and i will also give the people advise that you lot have given me on here. and as for having a house full of dogs i have proper kennels in my garden with 10 ft runs and a heat lamp not that they stay in there all day either.when i am in they go in or out i also have a big garden. so i will make sure all my puppies are looked after either with me or with there new homes
Where did you advertise them? Did any of the new owners question you on why your dogs hadnt been health tested?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 12:00 PM
It is not better for a bitch to have a litter before a spay! so many people say and think this, when its false!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >