View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ragga_dood
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Don't need 'em, don't want 'em. This is a U.S. type reaction to this so-called "WAR ON TERROR", which is far more real in the minds of Labour politicians than the real world. Goodbye David Blunkett and may you ROT IN HELL! When there was a real terrorist threat to the mainland U.K., i.e the IRA, I don't remember there being codes of practice for terrorist attacks then. I.D. cards is another"WHO ARE YOU?, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?", None of you business OFFICER! A lot more red tape and expense. Computers don't make mistakes, only the people programming them! BRING BACK THE DOG LICENCE, something I agree whole heartedly with! As far as the Police are concerned, If i am doing something wrong, then arrest me, If i am not, then get off my back! CCTV is far more damaging than you think. The situation is so bad in this country I am seriously considering emigrating. We have common sense people, let's use it!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 08:12 AM
All sound very simplistic and straightforward but unfortunately life is not like that either in the UK or else where. People are free to leave the country if they wish, providing their chosen country will accept them, but think they may find they have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by ragga_dood
Don't need 'em, don't want 'em.
agree 100% Ragga, this country is rapidly turning into a police state,I heard on the radio the other day that people are not going to be allowed to do electrical work in their own houses, only minor things like light bulbs If I want to frazzle myself in my own house I jolly well will and what will they do if I fit a new socket shoot me and how will they know ? In one of my previous jobs I monitored emergency alarms, then they added the newly installed CCTV to our duties, I live in a small town and felt very awkward watching people I knew who had no idea they were being watched. Some people live in the flats above the shops and their every move was on camera When you see what a mess computerisation made of the Passports, Health Service and CSA imagine what it will be like with wrong information stored on your ID card
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 11:48 AM
I think in principle they're a good idea...however I can''t see it ever working....only good law abiding citixens will have then...the others will get round it somehow
Nikki
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2004, 11:53 AM
agree archer.....i reckon it will be another money sceme for the crooks as well ........just think you could get one and buy one and be 2 different people ....
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

23-12-2004, 06:21 AM
They`ve had them for yrs over here, so I`m used to them.
Christine.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by Christine
They`ve had them for yrs over here, so I`m used to them.
Christine.
..Hi Christine the government here has sited the campaign against terror as one of the main reasons for introducing ID cards , I did not realise Spain had ID cards, they weren't any use when it came to preventing the terrorist attack in Madrid were they and should ETA decide renew its acts of terror I don't think they would be any good then either. What would you say is the principle benefit of having them and how much do they cost you?
traybabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-12-2004, 06:51 AM
Its just an easy way for the Govt to find out who is in the country - because they don't know. It won't work - it will lead to more crime - and to tell you the truth I have nothing to hide at all - but don't want to have to carry a card - especially if I have to pay for it!!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Can`t remember if you pay for them now Mini but will find out.
The id cards have been used for a long time & since the chegen agrrement came into forcethey are used instead of a passport to go in & out of countries.
Nope didn`t stop the terorrrists but I think they hold more info than passports & will be more harder to forge? There again nothings going to stop anyone so determined is it?
Christine.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2