Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 06:54 PM

Armistice Day

Hey guys,

Being tommorrow everyone will be sharing a minutes silence to remember those who fought in the wars and those who have lost their lives in this war.

I thought we could do an online rememberance of those people and those animals we knew about in the war

So I would like to start off with my Grandad.

Frederick Deveaux
1920 - 2007
Infantry Soldier WW2

My Great Uncle.

Larry Martin
1923 - Still going strong
Paratrooper WW2

My Great Aunt.

Lillian Martin (Unknown maiden name)
Still going strong
Land Girl WW2

I'm sure I have other family who participated in the War efforts but I am waiting for family to send me details.

Anyone else have family who fought/participated in WW1 and WW2 or are still in the War in Afghanistan?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 07:09 PM
What a nice idea.
I will be remembering my Uncle James, whom I never met
1922 - 1944

A rear gunner who was shot down in April 1944
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 08:13 PM
I will remember all the animals who bravely lost their lives in both wars........
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 10:41 AM
All the members of my family who served.

My grandfathers Angus MacLeod Black, Ronald Fraser, my cousin Lee Gripton who is just about to start his Marine training but has already served in Iraq. The unknown relatives who served in WW1, their names lost to family history but their faces not forgotten.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them

Lest We Forget
cliffy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2010, 12:26 PM
What a lovely thread.
My dad Spike Hughes, 1918-1979 who defended Malta during the second world war bombardment with his regiment the RA.
My mum Marian who drove a canteen for the troops at home and who is still alive but sadly with dementia.
So many who survived carried it all with them all their lives.
Also, as well as all the fallen men,and their widows, all the women of the first world war who never got to have a love or a husband or a family because all the men had gone.