25-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Lovely to hear this, have a wonderful day with your Mum
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Mum is getting out......

She has to wait for some blood tests but as the pain has eased a bit they are letting her home and she has to go to the doc next week.

Thanks for all your thoughts prayers and good wishes and a Merry Chrisytmas to all xxx
awe Im so glad to hear this, you have a great day, xxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Update for all who have been so kind. Mum was home by 1ish yesterday and ....back in accident and emergency by 7pm

Some of you may remember last year she broke her t12 vertebrae in her back, well she bent over last night and something snapped and she coulddn't move she fell to ground in pain.

Turns out its the same bit of her spine due to the weakness caused by break and continuing degeneration of the bone due to osteoarthritis

So we got to ourt bed at 3am ish this morning. She is still in a lott of pain and is being fed morphine and oxycontin??? aswell as diazepam

They say there is very little they can do for her as the bone is so weak When I muster up what I am goingto do I feel I will be on the warpath as she can not be left to stand the pain she is in and the painkillers whilst having effect wear off far quicker than she is allowed them.

Also my best friend has pleurisey (sp) and her dad and step dad have both been admitted to hospital in the last 24 hours with pneumonia and her dad only has half a lung after removal of the othe 1 and a half due to infection 8 or 9 years ago

So that is the update this end...maybe we can do christmas day again in ...like, June....
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2008, 01:24 PM
oh, crickey, I'm so sorry to hear this Benzmum..your poor Mum.

(((hugs))) to you all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2008, 01:30 PM
OMG Lynne, welcome to your worst nightmare by the sounds of all of that! What on earth can they do with poor old Mum then? I suppose they will just have to operate again and put some metal in her worn out bones. Oh you poor, poor thing I can't imagine the stress and worry you must be under, and I wish we could help you out more

So, so very sorry Lynne, I don't know what else to say, except get some well earned rest.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Just seen this thread, So sorry to hear your mum is in so much pain and that can't do anything Healing vibes to her. xxx
And healing vibes for your poor friend, her dad and step dad.
big hugs to you all xxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Oh your poor mum!!! Hardly time for a bite of Christmas Dinner and back in hospital again. There surely must be something they can do for her, I mean she can't carry on like this can she???
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi Lynne, huge hugs, I hope something can be done to help you mum,
xx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Update for all who have been so kind. Mum was home by 1ish yesterday and ....back in accident and emergency by 7pm

Some of you may remember last year she broke her t12 vertebrae in her back, well she bent over last night and something snapped and she coulddn't move she fell to ground in pain.

Turns out its the same bit of her spine due to the weakness caused by break and continuing degeneration of the bone due to osteoarthritis

So we got to ourt bed at 3am ish this morning. She is still in a lott of pain and is being fed morphine and oxycontin??? aswell as diazepam

They say there is very little they can do for her as the bone is so weak When I muster up what I am goingto do I feel I will be on the warpath as she can not be left to stand the pain she is in and the painkillers whilst having effect wear off far quicker than she is allowed them.

Also my best friend has pleurisey (sp) and her dad and step dad have both been admitted to hospital in the last 24 hours with pneumonia and her dad only has half a lung after removal of the othe 1 and a half due to infection 8 or 9 years ago

So that is the update this end...maybe we can do christmas day again in ...like, June....
Awww what a shame, I was just about to write a "thank god she's home" message til I read this.

Give them time to get the pain killers sorted out, not only is it a bank holiday which means the hospital will be working on skeleton staff, but they also need a bit of time to work out what your Mum can tolerate. Too many pain killers at once could be fatal!

Sincerely hope she (and you!) feels better soon x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Quiet Day here, the update is mum is still in pain but is better than she was, she is very very drowsy though and doesn't seem to really know what she is saying, her speech is very slow and slurred, she is sounding all confused, she says the pain in her chest is bad, but dad says it is definitely her back. Must be confusing for those treating her. She is still waiting on test results and it will likely be Monday or Tuesday before we get them. So it is just a case of making her as comfortable as poss and waiting. Patience is not my (nor my mums) strong point
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >