View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Cheers. So what sort of bone is best then raw buthchers bone? Bearing in mind shes nearly 6 months and still has a few baby teeth and her big teeth are only new. Also what is wrong with rawhide bones? as she had one of them the other day too. And pigs ears?
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2005, 07:23 AM
I don't soak kheras burns but lately she does seemed to have stopped eating it. As she's trying to gain weight i'v been bulking it out with sardines and tuna etc and thought maybe she was getting pickyand prefers the fish. Will soaking it help incourage her to eat?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by Footybird11
Cheers. So what sort of bone is best then raw buthchers bone? Bearing in mind shes nearly 6 months and still has a few baby teeth and her big teeth are only new. Also what is wrong with rawhide bones? as she had one of them the other day too. And pigs ears?
Some rawhide & pigs ears are maufactured under less than desirable conditions and processed with less than desirable chemicals. Also, dogs do choke on them. They chew them until they are soft and them attempt to swallow them. Many people have no problems but I have seen it happen and would never again feed rawhide chews of any description. Big, solid marrow bones from the leg are generally safe. I would let the dog have the bone only for an hour and then take it away and pop it in the fridge for the next day. Be aware that too much gnawing on bones can wear and sometimes damage the teeth.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi Footy Amy will not touch her Burns if it is soaked and looks at me in disgust. I tried soaking it because she has a problem with a saliva gland that can't be treated and I thought moist food for might her help. According to research dogs eating preferences are..Smell,texture and taste last and I think many dogs like a crunchy texture which as others say is good for the teeth, so it is really up to your dog. Remember when dogs first go onto complete food they seem to drink more, but this settles down after a while,the main thing is that there is always water available
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2