Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bbjo2001
New Member!

05-05-2005, 08:00 PM

Brine

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a question, can dogs be allergic to Brine? a friend of mine gave my dog some oil from the tuna can and my dog seemed to have a funny turn, she seemed to lose the use of her back legs for about 10 minutes, She is going to the vet first thing in the morning and i didn't know whether the brine may have caused this reaction or whether it is because she getting old. She was fine before and seems much better this evening. If someone could help with this enquiry i would appreciate it.

Hope you are all well, take care

Jo
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Welcome to DW Jo

Re Brine : I really dont think the brine is the cause of her dogs funny turn, but you never know, good idea to get it checked out by the vet asap , hope everything turns out ok
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 08:12 PM
hi and welcome, i am not sure, maybe ask you vet or try looking on the net to see if there is any info? good luck
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Hello bbjo welcome to Dogweb :smt039its good to have you with us please come to the health section I will answer about the brine

Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi, welcome to dogweb, hope your dogs okay....
tjhoe68
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Hello and welcome to DW :smt039

Hope your dog feels better soon!
Carole
Supervisor

05-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogweb
Meg
Supervisor

05-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Hello bbjo, regarding you question...

I was wondering if someone could help me with a question, can dogs be allergic to Brine? a friend of mine gave my dog some oil from the tuna can and my dog seemed to have a funny turn, she seemed to lose the use of her back legs for about 10 minutes, She is going to the vet first thing in the morning and i didn't know whether the brine may have caused this reaction or whether it is because she getting old. She was fine before and seems much better this evening. If someone could help with this enquiry i would appreciate it.
I am sorry your dog is not well, it must have given you a nasty shock for you when she had the episode. While brine is not a good thing to give your dog (or any salt) I do not think it should have had that sort of reaction, if your dog is getting old the problem could have a number of causes .My dog is nearly 14 and had a similar problem which is heart related, she now takes ace inhibitors (heart tablets) and is fine Come back and tell us how you are getting on when you have been to see you vet
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-05-2005, 09:08 PM
hello and welcome
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogweb
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >