View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2007, 10:57 AM
I haven't watched it yet but judging from the comments I have a treat in store The only problem now is shall I be norty and go and watch it or get on with sanding the paintwork
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I haven't watched it yet but judging from the comments I have a treat in store The only problem now is shall I be norty and go and watch it or get on with sanding the paintwork
Watch it now, the paintwork will still be waiting for you when you're done.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Hmm not sure how I feel after reading the interview. Yes, he says dogs aren't really his thing - but I bet there are a few OHs who have said as much and then been smitten when they get to know a dog. My ex was very against me getting my first GSD. He wasn't into dogs at all, and was actually quite wary of GSDs (having been chased by one as a kid). I have to say that when Sharna arrived, he fell for her hook, line and sinker.

I don't think that interview would put me off rehoming a dog with him - but I would want to know more, and I am sure the Dogs Trust will have set some strict rehoming guidelines.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I don't think that interview would put me off rehoming a dog with him - but I would want to know more, and I am sure the Dogs Trust will have set some strict rehoming guidelines.
I agree, the interview wouldn't put me off and I'm sure Dogs Trust wouldn't just hand over a dog without a check first. Would be bad for the dog, plus bad publicity for all involved if it went wrong!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I agree, the interview wouldn't put me off and I'm sure Dogs Trust wouldn't just hand over a dog without a check first. Would be bad for the dog, plus bad publicity for all involved if it went wrong!
Exactly, also this guy is a millionaire so he can easily afford more of the one-to-one training he's already had 3 weeks of, so I'm sure that they will do everything to help Claudia settle in with them.

Was it just me or did anyone else think that at least part of the money raised from the phone lines should go to the Dog's Trust? Children in Need is obviously an excellent cause but how about if half the money went to them and half to Dog's Trust?

I would like to have seen more of the training, I was hoping for some tips!

J
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Was it just me or did anyone else think that at least part of the money raised from the phone lines should go to the Dog's Trust? Children in Need is obviously an excellent cause but how about if half the money went to them and half to Dog's Trust?

I would like to have seen more of the training, I was hoping for some tips!

J
I think it's a pity that Dogs Trust aren't benifiting finacially from this. But by the same token, I wouldn't begrudge Children in Need a penny, so many children's charities benifit from them.

Dogs Trust will have a lot to gain from this publicity wise though, so it's a win win situation really.

I'd love for them to have gone into the training more as well, but unfortunately it doesn't fit in with this type of shows format. (I could do with all the tips and help going! )
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Was it just me or did anyone else think that at least part of the money raised from the phone lines should go to the Dog's Trust?
I thought that. In fact I would go so far as to say ALL the proceeds raised should go to animal charities.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:43 AM
An Afghan isnt the type of dog to rehome with somebody that might not be "into" dogs! If you have personal experience of them you will know what I mean. They are not obedient, (generally) they steal (experts) and are a high maintenance dog, they are not for people who do not know what they are doing or who have not done their homework, as I said, for the dogs sake I hope it works out.
Dawn.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I thought Theo showed that he really cared for Claudia, after 3 weeks of training I think he is sensible enough not to take a dog on a whim, he did say they had been looking for 9 mths and also said in one of the clips that had he known Afghans were hard to train but he took her on and I thought did wonders for a rescue sighthound.
Becky
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I thought that. In fact I would go so far as to say ALL the proceeds raised should go to animal charities.
That was my initial thought too. However, I then went on to think that maybe they would get more support generally by donating to children in need rather than a dogs charity & that it may encourage more non-dog people to watch/vote. This can only be good for getting the better image of dogs across (e.g. I'd be really interested to see whether those with staffys start to get a more positive response to their dogs from strangers following this programme).

I do agree that at least part of the monies should have gone to the dogs trust but guess that they must have been happy with what they were getting out of it overall.
Page 7 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »