Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Ignoring all the crap about "you haven't got wolf crosses", these dogs, whatever you want to call them, are very different. They are smart, they think laterally, you say "jump" and they will say "how high, but btw, what's in it for me, and I don't mean a bloody biscuit!!".

I give you 5 min with Mia before you take back the v different statment
Everyone with a difficult dog feels they are alone and they have the worst of the worst - they see all the people with their good dogs and on bad days are jealous of that

If this collar had not worked IMMEDIATELY, I would not have allowed OH to continue - although what he does when I'm not there, I have no control over of course. All I know is the dog I saw in Harlestone Firs on Sunday was a vision - it was as if he had become his father reincarnated. All the joy, the exuberance, the Ben-ness was there bursting with delight in the pouring rain and mud! The first time I whistled him and called Come, he came belting back to me and skidded to a sit right in front of me and almost knocked me off my feet! He roamed for miles that day, in and out of the trees, in and out of muddy puddles, we never had to use the collar, not once. That's how it should be. I could not have stood seeing him being zapped, even though I know it is only a static shock, NOT electrical current. I am a girl, I don't understand the difference, to me if it hurts, then it hurts and I don't care what it's called. Do you think I would want to have my husband HURT my beloved Ben if I didn't think it was necessary.

No, I am not prepared to say on a public forum what we have gone through, but if anybody is interested I will tell them in a PM on the understanding that it is done on trust.
Why do you think it worked so quickly?? because it HURT LOTS

I can tell you when Mia ran tru the 3 electric fences they hurt her LOTS, she was scared to come back tru them
But she showed no pain - dogs are very stoic and it has to hurt like h£ll before they show you
When he shook his head it was hurting
My Ben slit his leg open and didnt make a sound, he let the vet flush it out and glue it without sedation and didnt complain
why? Because it didnt hurt? Course it did - but because dogs are stoic

I am sorry, I know you mean the best for your dogs but this isnt it - husband does not always know best

as for the difference between static and electric
Really the main thing is they are using the words static to make it sound less scary
Static electricity is where one object builds up a charge which then jumps in one uncontroled large burst to another object

What you get from your car is static
So is lighting - does it still sound nice and fluffy?
Its all electricity
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Btw, if you're so convinced that the e-collar doesn't hurt, are you happy to try it out on yourself?
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Ignoring all the crap about "you haven't got wolf crosses", these dogs, whatever you want to call them, are very different. They are smart, they think laterally, you say "jump" and they will say "how high, but btw, what's in it for me, and I don't mean a bloody biscuit!!".

If this collar had not worked IMMEDIATELY, I would not have allowed OH to continue - although what he does when I'm not there, I have no control over of course. All I know is the dog I saw in Harlestone Firs on Sunday was a vision - it was as if he had become his father reincarnated. All the joy, the exuberance, the Ben-ness was there bursting with delight in the pouring rain and mud! The first time I whistled him and called Come, he came belting back to me and skidded to a sit right in front of me and almost knocked me off my feet! He roamed for miles that day, in and out of the trees, in and out of muddy puddles, we never had to use the collar, not once. That's how it should be. I could not have stood seeing him being zapped, even though I know it is only a static shock, NOT electrical current. I am a girl, I don't understand the difference, to me if it hurts, then it hurts and I don't care what it's called. Do you think I would want to have my husband HURT my beloved Ben if I didn't think it was necessary.No, I am not prepared to say on a public forum what we have gone through, but if anybody is interested I will tell them in a PM on the understanding that it is done on trust.
But he didn't return immediately did he? Your OH had to zap, zap and zap again on several occasions... turning up the amount of virbrations untill you got a reaction The dog let out a YELP which means pain WAS felt!!

Poor dog
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-02-2011, 08:55 PM
if your dog is recalling now without the collar then chuck the silly thing in the bin, if the dog hasnt associated being shocked with you doing the shocking , then there is no damage done between you and your dogs relationship.

your getting a right hammering from everyone but im sure all of us have been desperate and done things were ashamed of.

but the collar has to go, silly mistake by a human,happens everyday, its what we do after the mistake that counts
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:55 PM
You just thrive on drama dont you

Your dogs are like no-one elses dogs, they have to be trained in a different way to anyone elses ,their behaviour is different from anyones elses dogs etc.......drama drama drama.

It is just a pity that Ben got caught up in all your theatrics
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Why would you share this info with this group.?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:56 PM
the wolfdog 'ban' (which wasnt a ban) is just an excuse... my tupac has more wolfblood than all your 3 put together!....btw he has good recall

if you want to live with a certain type of dog...you change your life to suit(or sadly keep dreaming of living with one)..you do not change the dogs very being or hurt the dog so that you can.

and again.. 6months is not enough time to try EVERYTHING.

again ,who did you do this for?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I hate to even give these horrible flaming things proper consideration (the idea of them turns my stomach) but I thought the idea was that you 'train' the dog with the collar first and find the level that gets the desired effect before you use it in earnest?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Why do you think it worked so quickly?? because it HURT LOTS

I can tell you when Mia ran tru the 3 electric fences they hurt her LOTS, she was scared to come back tru them
But she showed no pain - dogs are very stoic and it has to hurt like h£ll before they show you
When he shook his head it was hurting
My Ben slit his leg open and didnt make a sound, he let the vet flush it out and glue it without sedation and didnt complain
why? Because it didnt hurt? Course it did - but because dogs are stoic

I am sorry, I know you mean the best for your dogs but this isnt it - husband does not always know best

as for the difference between static and electric
Really the main thing is they are using the words static to make it sound less scary
Static electricity is where one object builds up a charge which then jumps in one uncontroled large burst to another object

What you get from your car is static
So is lighting - does it still sound nice and fluffy?
Its all electricity
Ben was NOT scared, he gave one yelp, that's all, and came straight back to OH as calm as a cucumber, looking for his treats. He has been zapped TWICE - and vibrated. That was all that was necessary. Since then, nothing. He was wearing the collar on Saturday and Sunday when we took him out, with no need whatsoever to even press the pager button.

Ben is NOT stoic, unlike his father. He makes the most awful fuss over the slightest thing!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Why would you share this info with this group.?
lol

you would think G was a troll if u didnt know,wolfcross e collar......
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 83 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 57 > Last »