View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Where would we get this cherry stuff from? I will suggest it to him but he usually won't take anything!
Stay safe in the garden Losos
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2015, 12:03 PM
My friend has gout and she says the tart cherry capsules are great. She has a very big Asda near to her and she got some from there I think, or maybe it was in liquid, can't quite remember. Had a look in my Asda and couldn't see it though
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ta...sules&tbm=shop
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Thankfully rain has stopped and wind has died down a little so had a good walk with Sammy. Must do some housework although that's something I usually try to avoid
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Jenny, I got my cherry active off Amazon I also got Uriciplex off there too and between the two they were both good for Gout. If you e-mail me your address, I have two tubs I am not using now the colchicine is working I can send them down to you to try if you want, no problem. Might as well.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Good afternoon Dogsey regulars! I have been awol but was galvanised into action by way of an email from Azz. I have been reading posts but always so much going on here I need a 42 hour day not 24!

I think I'm going to be the odd one out here as we do not partake in the madness that is now called Christmas so no mad dash to shops for presents and cards thus saving a fortune (just call me Scrooge). Not even decorations will be going up since they became casualties of a leaky shed roof.

It's one of those grey days here too, we've had quite high winds and I'm also glad to see the back end of winter and the days starting to draw out again. This time of year makes me want to hibernate. In fact I might fit in a nanny nap later. My sleep was disturbed by our security light coming on and it seems we have a big white cat visiting, no doubt leaving his calling card somewhere for the dogs to find to roll in or eat. It didn't help that I'd partaken of the falling down juice last night, was trying out Nigel Slaters veg stew which calls for wine in the stock and I had to try it first of course!

Another recipe of his I was going to do today was a coleslaw which called for walnuts but 2 of the dogs decided otherwise - the cheeky swines ate a whole packet of them plus most of a homemade ginger cake, both were on a windowsill which I thought made them out of reach grr.

OH is kindly cooking breakfast (or should it be brunch) so I'll sign off now, have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Twix, we don't really do Christmas either...deffo no decs!!!
Nippy, we got Swanson tart cherry extract online
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Afternoon everyone. Well what a disastrous day.
Gorden found that Argos do those trees with the flat backs I didn't fancy a trip in to Wisbech or March and the village crowds so we went to a nursery in Ely no luck there or the one in Huntingdon. We did find a nice white village scene with lights but no trees or lights that took our fancy.
Not feeling festive at all at the moment but may pop into Argos in Wisbech in the week and get the trees and and we need some new lights but not paying the prices Wyevale want.

Glad the back is feeling a bit better June. Fireplace dismantled June. (NOT).
griff I hope the blood test shows you just have a virus and that like Gill it takes a bit longer than the rest of us to recover.
Gordon I would say your morning has been very industrious battling the wind and the rain to walk the hounds and make sure the livestock are fed and well. Hope you managing a rest now.

Moyra good on ya for having a moan and glad things have settled and the tree is now up.
Hello twix nice to see you.

No Gorden hasn't managed to find the entrance he did find a possible little hole which he has blocked off. So we will see I did think I heard it in the night but it was blustery and the neighbours at no.5 were being a bit noisy too so might not of been the rat. Camera not showing anything in the loft last night. He is going to sprinkle talcum powder down in a bit so if if it does get in hopefully with that and the camera it will leave a trail.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Clever idea about the talcum powder Lynn. Could you get Argos to deliver the tree you like
Hi Twix, long time no see, nice to have you back again
Turned out quite nice today, by that I mean its not raining and I did actually get Zen up to training club. She is really good, a bit bouncy, due to being in hibernation yesterday.
I did take her for a run round armed with a ball and squeaky toy for about 20 minutes prior to going as I knew what she would be like. Everyone says she's grown massive, and she IS big, as Kesh is Hunny Monster, she will be Monster Munch I think.
Back is hurting again, but glad I went because I do enjoy it, and I can have a break now with a hot water bottle on my back, girls been cleaned up and are settled with bones. I'll get their tea ready to hand out and then have an hour or so after I've taken painkillers
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2015, 04:03 PM
We looked at the dimensions on line June and we had thought they would lie flat against the wall but they come out a couple of feet into the room which would defeat the object of where we want to put them. So back to the drawing board.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2015, 04:06 PM
Something will come up, just keep looking
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »