View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Also, in the winter you don't seem to meet as many idiots on walks either. Well, I don't anyway. It's great.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Routine is pretty much the same all year round here except for added necessities of a large towel and a bright torch!! Oh and some baby wipes for the sofa after muddy paw prints all over it!!.

One of us is up by 6am and out for a quick widdle (for Ben not us!0 Back for breakfast and a cuppy then a walk to the park. Then at lumch time which falls sometime between 11.30 - 2.30 he gets 15 minutes round the block and up to the grassy area (onlead), Then when I finish which at this time of year is always dark o clock its 30 mins at the park playing with ball or Kong - just aswell Ben can smell it otherwise it would be lost!!

Then OH does the last walk round the block at bed time which is just whenever. We don't have a garden so walks are imperative in rain hail snow (and like Nic we have good dreich brisk Scottish weather!) and lots of Mud especially this year as in his enthusiasim to chase ball or kong he sometimes gets ahead of his legs and forgets how to use tham and falls over in the mud (though think he has a long way to go to get close to Cosmo's mud affinity!!)The sharpp mornings walking in moonlight are somehow magical - a great way to start the day - wouldn't change it for the world - oh and added bonus of no hayfever for me
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I don't mind it...... it's a good job really living with Cosmo, but it really doesn't get me down or bother me in the slightest, I prefer it to walking in the heat.
Me too. Better for the dogs, I think, when it's not overly warm for them.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Good grief! Have you been sticking Edward in a grow bag every night! Look at the size of him! And his pink hairless balls!

Yep, the dogs always come first in this house too.

Are the dirttrapper mats any good?
The vet will come gathering nuts in May..... or earlier lol
The mats must work as my floors are generally very clean, even when we had 4 years of Inca, the fluffiest, wettest, mud seeking dog ever!

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
when you think about it, you should really have more time for yourself in the evening? I tend to think we spend more time out and about with the dogs in the summer when the nights are lighter?

or maybe thats just me, when my lot come out of hibernation lol.
That's so true. Mine have had their walks mostly before dark, so if I'm off will just pop out into the garden at night. If I'm working they'll go for their last walk round the block in the evening.
They like the winter as the evening telly is better
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 06:39 PM
.....does anyone else have dog walking trousers/jeans that are ALWAYS filthy even after being washed? You know, the ones that are permanantly dirty as the mud is ingrained in to the material..... Yep, tramp springs to mind!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 06:41 PM
.....does anyone else have dog walking trousers/jeans that are ALWAYS filthy even after being washed? You know, the ones that are permanantly dirty as the mud is ingrained in to the material..... Yep, tramp springs to mind!
I have a winter dog walking jacket.... it's HUGE. A Nike puffa jacket.
I don't generally wear out to town, so they know when that comes on it's walkies time!
I look like a big, navy Michelin man....... more so if I wear the jacket!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
my lot are hibernating

when I do drag them out they avoid mud like the plague if they can, but on the odd day its unavoidable, but hey ho thats life,

when you think about it, you should really have more time for yourself in the evening? I tend to think we spend more time out and about with the dogs in the summer when the nights are lighter?

or maybe thats just me, when my lot come out of hibernation lol.
Big wusses!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I have a winter dog walking jacket.... it's HUGE. A Nike puffa jacket.
I don't generally wear out to town, so they know when that comes on it's walkies time!
I look like a big, navy Michelin man....... more so if I wear the jacket!
You in that jacket....and the two Jacks (one with man balls).....you must be a force to be reckoned with down there at night.....I'm glad Edward went to the right home.....
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 06:52 PM
The answer is, retire and get a greyhound with a dickie heart

Mo has one walk in the morning which she enjoys but after that she hardly moves.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Big wusses!
thats prob why the police dont use em often, scared of the cold and rain......pml
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »