Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by millies mum
my dog has 22 days to go , ive took her old bed away and replaced it with a whelping box , put her own blankets in it and so far had no problems does this mean she is ok with it or can i expect problems in the future?

If she has accepted it, why should there be problems? I wouldnt have thought so.

Mo
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2005, 05:05 PM
maiden pups for millie and myself mo .... so im not sure what to expect , nice to know you dont think there will be any probs though
julie
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2005, 10:18 PM
MM its very daunting the first time isnt it this litter we had was our first, I think I read everything and anything about the subject, I also had all my supplies ready, ie dental floss for cord(just in case) and when it started happeing I realised it was in the box in the kitchen, nowhere near the welping box silly me, but as it happens the mum to be did an excellent job, without me really, I should have gone to pub and come home when it was all finished.

Mo
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by mo
MM its very daunting the first time isnt it this litter we had was our first, I think I read everything and anything about the subject, I also had all my supplies ready, ie dental floss for cord(just in case) and when it started happeing I realised it was in the box in the kitchen, nowhere near the welping box silly me, but as it happens the mum to be did an excellent job, without me really, I should have gone to pub and come home when it was all finished.

Mo

thats a mighty fine idea mo .... the nerves are really starting to jaggle got me vinyl gloves ready !!!!! hope i dont have to use um !!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Hi there As the others say if Millie has acepted the box that should be fine. One thing though, it is a good idea to put the whelping box in the spot your bitch is going to whelp in so the surroundings are familiar to her ..do this about two weeks before whelping if you have not already done so and make sure it is a quiet spot ...like in a corner
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2005, 09:29 AM
My whelping box has been out now about a week, sometimes they sleep in it, other times they prefer to sleep on the cool floor......with Rosie's first litter, she wouldn't get in it even when in labour and ended up having her first pup on my kitchen floor! I just picked the pup up and put it in the whelping box and Rosie followed and had the rest in the whelping box!
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 11:13 AM
at last she has started to use her whelping box, we started off with it in the kids room and when she got used to it we brought it downstairs, she still preferes the sofa though lol

Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Hi ya, I know everyone has said to put it somewhere quiet but if you can try and put it where the pups will hear as many everyday noises as possible e.g. washing machine, dryer etc. as this will prevent them be jumpy when older. also as suggested above put something in it that smellsof your daughter if thats where she usually sleeps.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2