Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CloClo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2009, 10:09 AM

My Big Sisters

Nealy 17 years ago my parents adopted two jack russel terriers. They were four weeks old, had been taken away from their mum, and were being fed dry weetabix. Mum couldn't leave them, and paid £25 for each. The vet said they were riddled with worms, and it was unlikely they would make it.
Well, they did, but they weren't JRTs. Alice was wire-haired and fawn, Suzi had shorted legs and was black!
Then, a year later, Alice developed a serious infection of the womb, and mum and dad were preparing to scatter her ashes over Bosworth Battlefield (which she loved). Whilst she was at the vets, Suzi ate a whole Terry's Chocolate Orange. She was rushed to the vets, and they were told that that amount could kill her. She wasn't even sick, and both came home the next day.
I was born later that year. The first time they took me out in the pushchair, Alice adopted it. From then on, se would walk along side any pushchair she saw (didn't have to be ours).
These two girls loved both me and my little sister, and were loved back in return. Then, on the 12 April 2007, just short of her fifteenth birthday, it was decided that Alice should be PTS. She was going blind and deaf, and was going for Suzi more often.
The look on Suzi's face when she didn't come home was devastating, but we decided to wait for a few months before getting another terror (sorry . . . terrier). That changed when Suzi looked into a floor length mirror, and started trying to play with the dog she could see!
We took Suzi to the Isle of Wight, and the dog that hadn't walked properly for two years decided to jump out of the bag we carried her in, and run all the way along a beach, for nearly a mile!
Then Tee-J came along, and the now fifteen year old realised that she didn't mind him having piggy backs (he was quickly neutered) but if he went near her dinner, he was going to be seen off!
That summer, she was the livliest we have seen her, and it was the first time she had asked to go for a walk in years.
On October 9th 2007, I let her in, and dired her with a towel (it was raining). She sat down on the towel, and when she got up she had weed on it. Her wee was full of blood. The descion was made, and she went to the vets that afternoon. Three days later, it was the six month anniversary of Alice.

Thank-you my two big sisters. You brought me and Ellie up loving dogs, and we will never forget you. Tee-J misses you Suzi, and I still carry both your collars everywhere I go. Hope you're together, girls, and we will all be reunited one day. Sleep tight, and enoy running without the pain of old legs. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 07:30 AM
That brought tears to my eyes.

RIP girls, hopefully you are both playing chase at Rainbow bridge xxxxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Run free girls.