Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 01:55 PM

Went to a market today

We went to a market today with Takara (Eddy stayed at home as he wasn't feeling tip top and it's a long day for him). I was delighted to see gravel paths so will hopefully help Takara's pasterns.

We saw lots of kiddies who all wanted to stroke the dalmatian and Takara was excellent - she's quite scared of people but loves kids!

A couple of the stall holders told us they see so many dogs that they do a dog of the day each time they go - and Takara had won dog of the day that day

We saw lots of other dogs, including a great dane, a weimaraner, a few staffs, a patterdale terrier, a JRT, a boxer, chocodor, giant schnauzer, a couple of rotties and a couple of tri colour border collies!

A great day was had by all and Takara is now fast asleep!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Nice to hear that she behaved herself in the market with all the distractions around her and especially so when the stallholders have a competion!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 02:36 PM
chocodor
..a what??????

Glad you had a good day, that would have been a good experience for her. Don't worry too much about the pasterns, they will come right eventually.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 02:56 PM
aww sounds like you both had a lovely time
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 02:57 PM
i cant take ben to a market hes too nosey, wants to see what everyones selling, and god help us if he comes across a pet food stall, he *helps* himself to treats LOL a doggy shop lifter
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
..a what??????
Sorry that's my word for choccy lab!

She was wearing a halti which made things a lot easier but we walked through a narrow walkway with dog toys on one side and treats on the other - and to my delight she was good as gold!

The competition for dog of the day is just between them, it's not a big thing that the dogs take part in they just see all the dogs that come by and choose their favourite!

Everyone commented on her temperament and how lovely she was which I was really pleased about because she's so shy around people that she doesn't often show herself off as well as she did today! We'll definitely start going more regularly to get her used to it!