Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 12:51 PM

So proud - Agility Xmas Party fab night

Sorry guys I just have to share with you what a fantastic time myself and Max had at our agility party last night.

We were split into two teams and initially I was worried after his attack at our old club from a dog running alongside in another class - but pleased to say my fears were unfounded totally!

The first race was a relay race and from there on Max just excelled and I could tell how much fun he was having - which made me enjoy it even more!

It wasn't about winning last night but about how much fun the dogs could have with us - the wooden spoon and xmas pud was probably the hardest as the dogs all wanted to play with the Xmas pud ball!

Some had real problems with the sausage race (a rather cheekily placed sausage on a plate at the tunnel exit and one at the top on a bucket which we had to run round!!!) - some were convinced that more sausages would be appearing and just had to check! My nutter just didn't see them at all bless him!

This also caused problems with the next race as the dogs were still convinced sausages were there!!!

We finished with a jumping course just for fun and Max was so focused and listening he went clear there were a a few challenging bits and wish had the video for the agility virtual show!!!

I have to say that after last night for the first time I actually thought of competing with him

Max to me is a one in a million dog - I sometimes think he is human!

I have said it before but will again - if my nutty Setter can do agility then anyone can! Its great fun and a lovely thing to do with your best bud!!

What a loved so much last night was seeing how much fun Max was having - his tail did not stop waggin'!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 01:07 PM
It sound like you had a really great time we have our agility xmas party this Thursday, and if it's half as good as last years one, then it's going to be great it's amazing how much cofidence you and your dog gain from this sort of thing, and you may well be at your first show sooner than you think, you couldn't do much worse than Jack, his first 5 runs he was eliminated, and his 6th run he just got 10 faults, and christopher was so pleased with him, you'd have though he'd won Congrats on a great evening and here's looking forward to your post of the show you go to
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Sounds like you both really enjoyed it. Wish you had got a video would have liked to have seen it and had your enjoyment captured for prosperity.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
It sound like you had a really great time we have our agility xmas party this Thursday, and if it's half as good as last years one, then it's going to be great it's amazing how much cofidence you and your dog gain from this sort of thing, and you may well be at your first show sooner than you think, you couldn't do much worse than Jack, his first 5 runs he was eliminated, and his 6th run he just got 10 faults, and christopher was so pleased with him, you'd have though he'd won Congrats on a great evening and here's looking forward to your post of the show you go to
Thanks CLMG! I think you are right - as its such relaxed atmosphere that the dogs just pick up on it don't they!

Jack and Christopher are doing great!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Sounds like you both really enjoyed it. Wish you had got a video would have liked to have seen it and had your enjoyment captured for prosperity.
Thanks Eunice - Me too - really didn't think about taking it but kicked myself after for not taking it!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
What a fantastic sounding evening. Max must have been really enjoying himself/focusing not to notice the sausages

Its so lovely to hear of clubs which do such fun things. Unfortunately for me neither of my dogs are up to it, but even if they were, I wouldn't go to my local club..one of my neighbours used to take his dog but he stopped going because they were so competitive and used to get really angry with him if he or his dog did something wrong - it took the pleasure right out of it.

I do really wish you had taken your video camera, would have loved to see Max in action
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Wish you had got a video
Thanks for the reminder Eunice, I'll have to take mine
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
What a fantastic sounding evening. Max must have been really enjoying himself/focusing not to notice the sausages

Its so lovely to hear of clubs which do such fun things. Unfortunately for me neither of my dogs are up to it, but even if they were, I wouldn't go to my local club..one of my neighbours used to take his dog but he stopped going because they were so competitive and used to get really angry with him if he or his dog did something wrong - it took the pleasure right out of it.

I do really wish you had taken your video camera, would have loved to see Max in action
Thanks Hali - I think Max had a height advantage on the sausage - did feel a bit mean as the others all ate theirs! But I did give him extra treats after!

That is a shame - you don't hear of that many clubs that have that real competitive edge anymore but I guess they are still out there - both clubs make it compulsory that you have a sense of humour - we laugh together not at each other I would definitely not enjoy myself if it was so serious!

Really kicking myself on the camera!! Hard promise !
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Thanks for the reminder Eunice, I'll have to take mine
Forgot to say have fun!!! Oh and video and post about it please
walkiespetcare
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-12-2007, 02:02 PM
We have our club party tonight, cant wait!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >