Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Clever girl! Pat her on the head and give her a biscuit - she's earning her keep!

Yeah and at least she did KILL it - not bring it in to play with!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Where there is one rat ........
If the rat was on your property then you should contact the local pest control dept to trap/exterminate them. There are bound to be more.

As John Wayne said in True Grit
"Mr. Rat, I have a writ here that says you are to stop eating our cornmeal forthwith. Now, It's a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of same!"
They use poison. Set a few traps by all means. That works and no danger of getting into the food chain.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Wee dog here is a good mouser ... torments them though so I tend to rescue them. If she thinks there is a mouse r rat around she is after it mercilessly. has never yet killed done as I have not given her the chance

Many years ago I was woken at 2 am by screams and thumps from the main room; remote cottage as all my better homes have been...

When it went quieter, with strong prayers, I carefully opened the bedroom door and snapped the light on...

There was my half grown cat, with a huge dead rat at his feet and blood everywhere. Cat was shaking from head to paws... He was a keen hunter but nothing had ever fought back .. took the corpse out, bleached the floor and took cat back to bed with me with a huge treat

At first light, all the other rats were seen trudging fast u the steep driveway, waving white flags....I kid thee not! This is IRELAND and strange things happen..
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=Tangutica;2713802]You DO make me laugh Bitkin. Alas I fear my 'posting style' is unsuitable for the DT! And I am too big and old and ugly to be bossed about and told what to do (well to be fair I ALWAYS was - even as a teenager!)

Aw common, Pat! I was with you on that and still am! PLEASE come back; lonely without thee and cannot always get all round dogsey seeking thee. I am older than you and I said no
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=Rosebud77;2713931]
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
You DO make me laugh Bitkin. Alas I fear my 'posting style' is unsuitable for the DT! And I am too big and old and ugly to be bossed about and told what to do (well to be fair I ALWAYS was - even as a teenager!)

Aw common, Pat! I was with you on that and still am! PLEASE come back; lonely without thee and cannot always get all round dogsey seeking thee. I am older than you and I said no
Oh yeah we were lumped together as 'the only two persisting in doing this' lol! Elderly dissidents rule! We will be getting slapped with OAP ASBOs at this rate!

I am off to doss on the daybed for a while. I have had a marathon 'Moneth Session' over the past few days and it's given me a headache! Can you cast me a nice little Irish 'Moneth Move Out' spell please? Fax it over and I'll slip it under her door!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Your cat obviously has miraculous powers to revive mice from the dead MJ!
HAHA! My goodness! I meant she CAUGHT (not killed) two mice, NOT even rats because omg ewww. One she dropped on my floor alive and it reared up on it's back legs then scurried off and I got it and released it.

The other she put down near the front door, but it was badly injured or in shock or something and died soon after
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
HAHA! My goodness! I meant she CAUGHT (not killed) two mice, NOT even rats because omg ewww. One she dropped on my floor alive and it reared up on it's back legs then scurried off and I got it and released it.

The other she put down near the front door, but it was badly injured or in shock or something and died soon after
I knew what you meant really! Just having a laugh!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=Tangutica;2713939]
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post

Oh yeah we were lumped together as 'the only two persisting in doing this' lol! Elderly dissidents rule! We will be getting slapped with OAP ASBOs at this rate!

I am off to doss on the daybed for a while. I have had a marathon 'Moneth Session' over the past few days and it's given me a headache! Can you cast me a nice little Irish 'Moneth Move Out' spell please? Fax it over and I'll slip it under her door!
well, my new name hereabouts in Ireland is TROUBLE in some circles so that sounds fine.. age gives privileges! NB because I make life hell for bullies etc.. rock the boat etc

Sorry no
fax here.. low tech household.. google Irish blessings and curses;; some good stuff there.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Witty is one-quarter Yorkshire terrier and the rest, we think, Jack Russell. He has all the terrier instinct to chase little creatures, but if he catches them he just wants to make friends.

We've had several pet rats and I've trusted him 100% with them. If one ever went missing though, you could always rely on him to find it for us.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Witty is one-quarter Yorkshire terrier and the rest, we think, Jack Russell. He has all the terrier instinct to chase little creatures, but if he catches them he just wants to make friends.

We've had several pet rats and I've trusted him 100% with them. If one ever went missing though, you could always rely on him to find it for us.
I used to have pet rats, and I had a rescued fox hound cross at the same time. Lenny would let the rats, Thelma and Louise, wonder round the house and he would even lick them all over.....but he would kill one in an instant when he saw while rats.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3