Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 02:33 PM

Cuddles... How do you cuddle yours?

These are my first dogs and none of our friends or family have dogs....

I'm often crouched hugging a doggy, occasionally play bowing and generally being a fool with my doggies. They are very patient and seem to love the attention but my OH seems to look at me like i've lost my mind alot of the time! He cant get that close as he is allergic

What i was wondering was do you get down to their level, kneel on the floor with them, tickle their tummies and generally be daft with your doggies or are you stricter, is hugging just for on the sofa?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-08-2011, 02:36 PM
I don't hug on the sofa, I get down on the floor with them for a cuddle and I also play silly beggers with them.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Jobie was never a big cuddler, too many elbows on him I'd sometimes lay on his bed and chill out with him though.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I cuddle mine on the sofa and get down to their level. Buster's like cuddling a big bear he's so cuddly!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Awwww! How sweet, glad to know its not just me

Phils not a big fan of cuddling, he play bows back at you if you play bow at him though, very amusing
If i sit our crouch on the floor near him he stands over me, i can never decide if its the dreaded dominance word or whether he's kind of protecting me? He ALWAYS does it if i crouch or sit on the floor.

If i crouch down with paris she sticks her head right in my chest for maximum snuggle She loves to be near us and in the evening cries until we bring her bed into the lounge to be with us.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Little Molly (yorkshire terrier) is defo mummys baby. She will lie in my arms and cuddle all day and night. She even sleeps on the bed with me.....

Mindy is another kettle of fish..... still being a pup, I think her type of cuddle is a toy fight on the floor... but still climbs onto the bottom of the bed at night... she sidles up for a kiss on the neck when watching tv on the sofa
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 02:46 PM
I will cuddle mine everywhere!

I'll sit on the sofas, the floor, my bed, their bed!

They are happy (or tolerant!) of me wrapping my arms round them for big cuddles, or draping an arm over them for sleeping. I sometimes stand over them, and bend down and hug them that way. Actually, they are very tolerant of me!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Cuddles:

Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Zulu is very much an on top of you sort of cuddler - absolutely loves it. Normally he sits right on his bum infront of you and likes you to scratch and stroke his chest, then he likes to put his paws on you some how like on your arms or chest while you do it and he goes all googly eyed. He likes snuggles on his cheeks and likes his cheeks being rubbed and pulled too.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2011, 03:31 PM
I play bow with mine and everything too

Louie likes to put his paws on your shoulders - whether you're sat or knelt on the floor - and he licks your ears.. Sadie likes to curl up beside you, but will happily tolerate being cuddled like a baby propped up on the sofa.. Louie also jumps up for cuddles - although this is only when he's REALLY excited!

Benjie just likes his paw held for hours on end - you even attempt to cuddle him and you're getting a growl.

Missy - she's like Louie - likes to be right in your face (she's not mine though)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >